Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reclaiming my Paypal-payment

Solved!

Reclaiming my Paypal-payment

Hi,

a few days ago I wanted to resubscribe for Spotify Unlimited. I signed in on the Spotify-Website and selected the subscription type. Afterwards I entered my password and went ahead. Unfortunately, my browser (Chrome) showed me an error page, saying that the server had sent no data. Therefore I retried the same procedure twice, always getting the same error.

A few minutes later I received three mails from Spotify saying that my subscription was successfully renewed. Apparently it had worked, even though I had gotten these error messages at the time.

However, Paypal also deducted thrice the price of the actual price for Spotify Unlimited (14.97EUR). Is there any way to get the 9.98EUR back, which after all came from me reloading the error message that I got after trying to renew my subscription. If not, is it possible to use these 9.98 for future subscriptions?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Spotify should be using the extra payments for future subscriptions automatically.

Under the drop down menu at the top-right of this page select the Subscription option. On the Subscription page you can see details of when your next payment will be taken, which will confirm the situation for you. You can also select to view your historic receipts so can check that they recorded the PayPal payments properly.

If you do want to reclaim, or there is an issue, you'd need to get in touch with Support via https://www.spotify.com/uk/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

HTH
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Spotify should be using the extra payments for future subscriptions automatically.

Under the drop down menu at the top-right of this page select the Subscription option. On the Subscription page you can see details of when your next payment will be taken, which will confirm the situation for you. You can also select to view your historic receipts so can check that they recorded the PayPal payments properly.

If you do want to reclaim, or there is an issue, you'd need to get in touch with Support via https://www.spotify.com/uk/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

HTH
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Indeed: I won't be charged before September. This should work for me. Thanks.

Suggested posts