Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recover deleted songs in a playlist?

Recover deleted songs in a playlist?

Hi there.

Unfortunately my girlfriend deleted a whole bunch of songs in one of my playlists 😞 😞

The playlist isn't deleted but songs INSIDE the playlist are which means i can't use the Recover Playlist functionality.

Is there any way to recover deleted songs in a playlist?

26 Replies

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Alright thanks. I'll give it a try

@CreamyTaco,

Hey, did you ever get your songs restored? I'm having this same problem. I accidentally deleted some songs a few days ago. I just sent a message to Spotify Support.

Thanks,

jothousand

My app crashed and I had to delete and download it again.However on doing so I lost more than three quarters of my playlists.Any ideas on how to recover lost playlists?

@Mikka_762000 -- I'm not seeing any recently-deleted playlists on your account. Is it the playlists themselves that are missing or just tracks inside them?

You can see a history of all deleted accounts on your account here (with the ability to recover them). If they're not there, it's more likely a technical issue, so let us know what devices you're using Spotify on and if those playlists are missing from multiple platforms (e.g. iPhone, web player, desktop, Android).

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

No

Tracks inside Playlist

Samsung Galaxy 5S

No I did not get a solution made a mistake

Since it's the weekend and the community can be pretty quiet, I would suggest you drop the customer services team a quick email directly using the online contact form and they should be able to get those tracks restored for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

How do I retrieve my playlist from soptify

What happens to an old playlist on spotify if you create a new one

@Superchef - You can store as many playlists on your account as you like.

If you ever delete one and would like to restore it, you can do that too from your online account:
https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

Peter

Hey! I recently tried deleting a song from my playlist Baby makin' music (I know, I know) and it was lagging, so I clcked the button several times. Spotify web then deleted several songs and I have no idea what they were! Could someone please restore them? I did contact Spotify support, but I saw a few people commenting in other threads that doing so has gotten them nowhere and many seem to get this resolved on the threads, so I thought I'd comment here too to cover my bases.

I've just had a whole bunch of songs removed from my songs list (think it might be from removing them from my queue) and I'm trying to get all of them back but whenever I try to add those songs, they don't reappear on my songs list. 

Any help in restoring my songs list?

@Dreamwritten - Unfortunately it depends on how the tracks where removed if they can be restored or not. Support are the only ones who can help.

@meeeee - Is it possible you have hit the 10,000 track limit for the Your Music system?

Peter

Hi,

I've just had the same issue... ALL songs from a playlist deleted but not the playlist so playlist restore won't help me.
I've emailed Spotify Support but was looking for a more immediate response as i would like some music for a road trip to the middle of nowhere that starts tomorrow!! (talking to myself just won't cut it...)

Anyone got any ideas on how to speed up this process and/or if i can restore these songs myself?

Cheers!

Hey ellenaj15, I just ended up going on my history page and adding back all the songs that got deleted (didn't have very much to begin with on my songs list, so were easy to find) this might help speed your search for those songs?

I do not believe there is currently a way to currently fix this issue. There is, however, an idea to introduce a trash can function. If you would like Spotify to implement this idea, please give this gentleman's idea kudos so that Spotify will implement the idea and remedy the issue. If an idea does not receive enough kudos it becomes inactive and is given little to no priority. Link:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Trashcan-function-to-recover-deleted-songs-from-a-playli...

Suggested posts