Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recover *old* deleted playlists?

Solved!

Recover *old* deleted playlists?

Hi,

I'm trying to recover some deleted playlists. However when I viewed the "Recover deleted playlists" page, it only showed my playlists deleted on 2018.

I am sure I have playlists from way back 2015 when I first got my Spotify account, and would like to recover them.

Can anyone else please help? Does Spotify allow you to recover deleted playlists from only the previous year? (If so that would be really disappointing.)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @talitaltal,

Thanks for your question - I'll be happy to answer it.

Spotify keeps playlists for some time after they're deleted, and they can be recovered by going here. After some time, however, deleted playlists will be removed completely. This means that you may not be able to recover some playlists that were deleted before 2018.

Hope that clarifies things! Let me know if you have any other questions regarding this 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Hey there @talitaltal,

and thanks for reaching out to the community !

Playlist made under your account are saved to be recovered are saved through the current year of use and will be deleted as time pass by.

Hope this helps=)

Hi,

Thanks but that doesn’t really help as I’ve only had one Spotify account. I certainly paid for Premium in one account only as my bank account records show, and it was not possible to use Spotify in Japan during that time without Premium since Spotify only launched there in 2016.

Could you please explain another reason why my old deleted playlists aren’t showing?
Marked as solution

Hey @talitaltal,

Thanks for your question - I'll be happy to answer it.

Spotify keeps playlists for some time after they're deleted, and they can be recovered by going here. After some time, however, deleted playlists will be removed completely. This means that you may not be able to recover some playlists that were deleted before 2018.

Hope that clarifies things! Let me know if you have any other questions regarding this 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm sorry but I'm confused and it does not actually clarify the situation, what you said is the exact opposite of what @OneByBoo said so I don't know who to believe.

Can I ask for proof or at least an indication from Spotify itself that what you said is true? I did not find what you said in the Support/Help section.

Hey @talitaltal.

Thanks for your question, and apologies for the confusion!

I can confirm that @Maxim's response is the official one. 

Hope that clears things up 🙂

Thanks, but could you elaborate? Until when do you keep them?

Hey @talitaltal.

Thanks for your question.

Anything before 2018 will be removed, so you should only see deleted playlists from 2018 onwards.

Hope that's clear 🙂

Thanks, but could you clarify what you meant by onwards? I understand that all playlists deleted in 2018 will be available indefinitely (so you can still recover them in, say, 2020)--is that correct? Or is it that playlists deleted in the previous year only (e.g., 2018 for 2019) will be available for recovery and later on won't be available anymore on the next year (e.g., playlists deleted on 2018 will no longer be available for recovery on 2020)? Or is it something else?

Also, if is for 2018 onwards indefinitely, could explain why you chose 2018?

Hey @talitaltal,

Thanks for your questions!

Currently you can recover playlists that were deleted up to 2018. This will move as time goes on and we will remove older playlists that weren't recovered 🙂

Hope this helps. If there's anything else we can do, let us know.

Have a nice day.

I've been messing with this issue for a few years to see how it works.

• Playlists are permanently deleted from the "Playlist Recovery" page one full year  after the playlist is initially deleted by the user. Example: User Deleted Jan 2, 2020 will purge Jan 2, 2021 from "Playlist recovery". I'm sure this is done so that our data doesn't indefinitely take up storage on their servers.

Yes honestly I wish this was more straight forward on Spotify's part. This along with our privacy settings for followers is very vague.

thank you dude because i deleted some playlists in feb 2020 and they are not showing, so i was wondering the time period they are permanently deleted

I wasn’t aware that my old playlists would be removed and they’re gone forever now? I deleted them in 2018 but they are gone from my deleted playlists section so can i not recover them? I thought I left them in my account but I had only made them in 2018 and I must have delete them way after, possibly even in 2019. I would really like to have them because i just realized they were gone and i’m really worried!

Hey there @sashacorrigan

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

We're sorry to hear that you're having some issues recovering your playlists. You can follow the steps in this article to restore them. However, keep in mind that this is only possible if the playlists were deleted within the last 90 days, so if your playlists were deleted prior to this time, we're afraid it won't be possible to restore them from your end.

If that's the case, then we recommend keeping in touch with our Support team, as they're the right folks to help you out with this. You can do it through any of these channels.

If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Have a good one!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, I recently found a link to an old Spotify playlist (open.spotify.com/user/MY_USERNAME/playlist/PLAYLIST_ID) of mine in a very old email. The playlist was deleted by me a very long time ago, definitely before 2018. The link still works! It takes me to my old playlist, and all songs play just fine. But the playlist does not appear on the "Recoved Playlists" page. Apparently, the playlist still exists in your database somewhere, but just flagged as "permanently" deleted.

Why is there an arbitrary time limit for recovering playlists, and how can I access all of my "deleted" playlists?

Hey @orionswe,

Thanks for the post!

Whether or not a playlist gets deleted from the playlist database depends on several factors, such as: if the account it was created from is still active, if it has followers and similar. But to ensure the Restore system works properly for all of our users, it needs to have a limit of how many deleted playlists it tracks, so playlists that got removed from an account a long time ago get purged from that system. It's not an arbitrary limit, rather one necessary due to technical limitations and performance requirements.

Hope you find this info helpful 🙂 Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have questions.

Take care!

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Is there still a way to recover a playlist thats was deleted over 90 days ago?

Hi there @nichensgen,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

It's not possible to recover a playlist that's been deleted over 90 days ago. However, if you deleted a playlist within the last 90 days, you can get it back by following the steps bellow:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left.
  3. Click RESTORE by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

No, I do not find this info helpful enough. First of all, if it is still possible for me to get to my playlist using its URL, regardless of why, why does it not appear in my "recovered playlists", and how can I be sure that what I have deleted is really deleted? This is a UX issue, possibly a GDPR issue, and a trust issue.

Spotify have taken my playlist of me . Seriously. i can not find it anywhere. i am not a new user or going senile

i was playing it less than 3 weeks ago its called eclectic mix 

Suggested posts