Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recovering my account

Recovering my account

On one of the updates that Spotify did, I was logged off from my account and I can’t figure out which email was used for my account. This is for a premium subscription and i am being charged for it but i tried every email address I could think of and i don’t know which one it could be. How can I recover the account that i am paying premium for? I don’t know the email address but I can prove that my credit card is being charged monthly.

6 Replies

Hey @Josepadilla1988,

You have to contact the Spotify support team here. They will help you to find your email connected to your official account.

Hey Josepadilla1988

You can also use your username to sign in.

If you know your username, you can reset your password here.

If you don't remember your username, you can find it for sure.

If you’ve used Spotify on a Mac, PC, or Android, you can find it from information stored in the device.

On your Mac:

1. Open Finder on your Mac.
  2. Click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn't visible.)
  3. Open Application Support > Spotify > Users
  4. All usernames you've logged into on this device will show under this folder.

On your Windows:

1. In the lower-left corner of your PC home screen, click the Start icon > File Explorer > This PC.
  2. Open C: > Users > Your computer's Username > App Data
    Note: If you can't find App Data, open the Start menu and type in Run in the search box. Select Run and type in appdata and press enter.
  3. Open Local > Spotify > Users.
  4. All usernames you've logged into on this device will show under this folder. 

OR

On your Android

1. Connect your phone to a computer with a USB cable.
  2. In your computer files, find and open Android > data > com.spotify.music > files > spotifycache > users.
  3. All usernames you've logged into on this device will show under this folder. 

OR

You may also try to search emails from Spotify in your emails. It takes no time to search for emails with any email service provider. If you find any emails from Spotify, it is possible that you have an account linked to it.

Keep me posted. 

I am receiving the the wrong plan I am a premium customer and this is my username y0pyeadxm05hbju0vswj78b5u I am trying to recover my account

Hey there @yQpyeadx05hbju0!

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community!

Just to double-check, are you able to log in and do you get the free service when you do?

If you're able to log in you can start by taking a look at your Receipts page? If you don't see any current payment there, it means that you might have for 2 different accounts with us.

Take a look at this page under ''Do you have more than one Premium account?'' to see what you can do to locate your second account.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Let us know if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can't log back into my account. Every time I try it says the information is incorrect. How can it be correct? All I want to do is log back into my Spotify account and listen to the music I used to listen to last night, but how do I do that without it telling me I have put in incorrect information?

Hey @s54814,

There are a few things we can try to solve this:

1. Verify your login email and/or username if you happen to be logged in the app on another device.
  2. Reset you password by using this page here.

You may also check the steps provided by @Elena & @Josepadilla1988!

Let us know how it goes 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts