Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Red exclamation marks, offline mode withdrawn

Red exclamation marks, offline mode withdrawn

Why not rather than error messages have solution messages. Spotify is hands down the worst software I currently use. 

After streaming problems I now have.

1. The inability to download for offline use with red exclamation marks appearing everywhere both on iPhone and Mac.

2. Messages saying that my Mac Spotify has been denied the ability to use offline mode.

3. Regular messages to "upgrade spotify" which usually means a bug upgrade in that things just get worse.

It is the most problematic and time wasting software I have used in years ( on both iPhone and Mac platforms ). What is is so bloody difficuly about this that there are so many problems. When I first started using spotify years ago it was slick and just worked it just seems to be accumulating cruft and social networking trinkets.

3 Replies

Normally a quick device restart and marking the playlist offline again should sort that out. Does that work? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

You're kept a busy man Peter.

I had tried restarts, deleting/reinstalling, deleting caches etc etc and they didn't work. Bear in mind that this is across two different devices Mac and PC that there were problems.

However, I went to the gym and came back and things worked again. 

However the point is my patience is wearing very thin because the service ( actually the client software more likely ) is tetchy, obtuse and there always seems to be something it is complaining about. The software should cope graciously with faults and explain what to do when it can't resolve a problem itself ( this should be rare ).

The sheer quantity of the posts on these boards should indicate that something is not right.

A bientot,

Colin

This could have been in some way related to the service issues this morning, but its hard to say! 

I do agree though, when something does go wrong the client never seems to deal with it graciously!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts