Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Redeem code for family invite-NIGHTMARE

Redeem code for family invite-NIGHTMARE

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

IOS

Operating System

IOS

My Question or Issue:

I am the master account holder, sent an invite to my daughters email to acvitave the newly charged family plan. I click the REDEEM CODE green button in her email, it takes me to a log in page-I enter my account info, it just takes me to my account admin.

I try logging out of all devices, start over, same thing.

Ive spent the last 20 minutes, friday night, after long week of work and this login system is not working as directed, super frustrating, probably cancel our whole account and use Apple Music.

Ive tried going to REDEEM code section of my admin, but it seems like its for a discount code? doesnt work anyway. Ive tried using a /redeem url that I found on google, but it doesnt work either.

Something SO simple, you make it so difficult.

5 Replies

Hey @stiksandstones,

Thanks for reaching out.

It's actually really simple. Your daughter needs to log into her account at the login page, not you 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It's not simple.

-She gets an email, inviting her to spotify (did this with my wife as well, same problem) they get the email with INVITE CODE if I recall, its a green button IN the email.

-Click redeem and it takes them to a login page

Are they supposed to create NEW accounts? my daughters email has a free account already, tried logging in with that, and it has no option to redeem code.

My wife, when I click hers, she has no account, if I create new account it assumes shes a new user.

Not easy, one of the worst simple tasks ive ever encountered.

Hey @stiksandstones,

They're only required to create a new account if they don't already have one. Since your daughter already has an existing account, she should try to log in and then click the link in the invitation email again.

Let me know how it goes.

MaximSpotify Star

Making progress....

created a new account for my wife, as my daughters invite does not work.

Got to a page saying congrats on setting up family plan, or something "youre about to be on a family plan"

It asks me to enter address, I enter my address (we havent moved in god knows how long)....I get an error "must live at same address as account owner"....I am.

So I finally find a link url to CHANGE or EDIT my address on MY master account, I enter my SAME ole address, hit update.

Go back to other browser that im trying to get my wifes family plan on, enter our address again, still says wrong address as main account holder.

I JUST ENTERED IT!

Horrible software.

Hey again @stiksandstones!

Could you give it another try by following the steps below and let me know how it goes?

1. Go to your own Spotify account page.
  2. Click Premium for Family in the menu on the left.
  3. Since you're the plan's owner, you can select your family member that you want to re-invite, in this case, your wife. 
  4. Click RESEND INVITE.

After this step, open an incognito or private window in your browser.

In that incognito window, I'd recommend asking your wife to follow the steps so she can join your plan:

1. Locate the email invite the plan's owner has sent in your inbox.
  2. The email invite should include a link to join. Click ACCEPT INVITATION. You'll be then redirected to your Spotify account page, where you'll see a confirmation screen.
    Note: If you're not already logged in or don't have an account yet, you'll be asked to log in or sign up before seeing the confirmation.
  3. Enter your details and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan.

Keep in mind that all members need to have their own personal Premium account in order to join your plan. 

If you're still having troubles, it'd be very helpful if you could include a screenshot of which point you're having troubles with, or if you see any error messages. Just make sure that no personal or sensitive info is displayed.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts