Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Redeemed gift card but nothing is happening

Redeemed gift card but nothing is happening

I put in my code via a gift card and everything was good, i entered the code and it asked what a wanted, which was 3 months of premium, after i pressed this it confirmed that i now had spotify premium but when i went onto the spotify application on mac it still says im using the free version. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify but that has done nothing, also when i reenter the code it says it has already been used. 

8 Replies

Sorry mate, no solution here. I'm actually having similar problems. I redemeed my 12 month gift card over 2 months ago, but 4 days ago I suddenly lost premium and started hearing ads. My gift card should still give me premium for 9½ months!

I contacted the support and got that automated reply, which I replied after waiting for 3 days. Still nothing from Spotify support. I understand the guys are busy, but I cant use the free version when I've paid for premium....

When I go to my account profile and see subscriptions, I cant see the latest gift card added. However, if I browse directly to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/receipt/xxxxxxxxx (where xxx is my receipt number which I got into my email) I can see the gift card was added.

This is my case number, if anyone is able to help?

For your reference this is Case #: 01436299

Hope getting these solved! 🙂

@wademalligan - Is your account showing as premium on your online overview?

If it is showing as premium then you should be good to go! Sometimes a quick log out and back in again is needed. If you are still having issues, try a clean reinstallation of the application. 

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

@juippis - That is weird. What username is shown on the receipt? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey Peter,

it shows my username correctly.

Actually now that I'm browsing my "Your receipts" page under https://www.spotify.com/fi/account/subscription/receipt/ I can't see any of my old gift cards receipts, however if I dig up the receipt IDs from my email I can manually go to receipt page and see that it applied.

I have older spotify account without facebook connection, and I don't even have a facebook account so I doubt that could be causing problems here. But what's weird is that it just suddenly stopped. I see a lot of Spotify premium fail posts in here these days so it might be connected, but I think I haven't seen anyone with similar error to mine. Pre-paid 12 month premium stops after 2½ months...

Hi,

same problem here as @juippis...

All of a sudden I lost my Premium Membership. I also used a gift card of 12 month value. I also do not have an facebook account and I also can not see my receipts. At first I was shocked since I had no proof for my Premium Membership beside the email.

Thanks to @juippis advice I could at least find my receipt with the link and the order id.

I wrote spotify two emails and still have no answer. I found it absolutely annoying that you pay for an service you don't get. Seems pretty easy for spotify when you got the money in advance and there is no reason to please the customer anymore.

Hi guys. We'll help with this and make sure your emails get replies. Please keep an eye on your inbox shortly.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Hey,

wanted to come and say Spotify support picked the case up and are solving it right now. Thanks for your help!

Apparently the problem lies in a 2nd-hand service where you make a 12-month contract and get a Spotify premium code that way, but the 2nd company keeps paying Spotify every month and there's a problem with that... I think.

Hey,

after some research I found out the exact same thing.
Seems like mine came with a The Times Magazine subscription.

The Spotify team said I should contact the The Times support. But I don't have any information or receipts for that subscription.

I'm having the same problem. I paid with a gift card on the 22nd. On the 30th my premium has been paused. I have the receipt and everything, but it is still asking for my payment information. It is asking across all of my devices despite logging out on all of them and reinstalling. Do I have to update my payment info still? Is Spotify going to charge me again for the premium subscription I've already paid for?

Suggested posts