Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Registered brand new free account, already got someone's "Home Speaker" linked to my account!

Registered brand new free account, already got someone's "Home Speaker" linked to my account!

Plan: Free

Decided to give spotify another try, since I was getting someone else's "office speaker" in my account, so I cancelled my premium, and registered a brand new account. New email, new password, never used before online.  No FB links, no google links, nothing!

For 2-3 days it was ok, but once suddenly I got mysterious "home speaker" in my account, which plays it's very own music, and prevents me from normal use of spotify.

Tried to "log out from all devices", changing passwords. Nope, that speaker is still there with own music.

wth Spotify? Should I switch to iTunes?

5 Replies

Hey @AlexMaster,

It sounds more like you have a speaker in your house that's connected to the same WiFi network.

Available devices show up in your Connect picker if they're on the same WiFi network.

Here's some more info on Spotify Connect: https://support.spotify.com/article/spotify-connect/.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No I do not have any type of wifi speaker at my home network. It plays some strange music that I never listen by itself. Right now it plays Stars of the Lid - "Don't bother they're here". If I start listening to my own music on PC, in short time my playback stops and speaker takes over and plays own music which of course I don't hear at all.

samples.jpg

Thanks for the screenshot.

I'd recommend taking a look at this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/privacy/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/.

MaximSpotify Star

It does not helps, tried with the different accounts already. This is 3rd spotify account which I've registered to totally different email address, and this is free account, not premium.  See the picture, now he's being playing his music and also you can see some playlists which I never listened to in my recent playlists.

whatthe.jpg

All the required steps are stated in the Support article. I, unfortunately, can't help you any further with this.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts