Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Related artists help

Solved!

Related artists help

Hi, I 'm a verified artist in spotify. How can I see my related artists?. I have another profile where they appeared immediately , but in this nothing happens and I'm in a spotify playlist, so I thik it should appear. Thanks.

spotify:artist:3z1sCKHc4OuBakWST0VS6h

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @miggy_m,

Related Artists are determined by cultural information (gathered from various sources) combined with internal Spotify data (user play data and other internal data points). Related Artists may not appear on an artist page if there is low or no signal from either or both of the data sources mentioned above. Essentially, if very few people have played your music on Spotify, and/or if there is little descriptive information about you/your band on the internet, Spotify may not have enough data to determine artist relatedness.

Related Artists may take some time to appear for Artists new to Spotify.

Source: http://www.spotifyartists.com

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @miggy_m,

Related Artists are determined by cultural information (gathered from various sources) combined with internal Spotify data (user play data and other internal data points). Related Artists may not appear on an artist page if there is low or no signal from either or both of the data sources mentioned above. Essentially, if very few people have played your music on Spotify, and/or if there is little descriptive information about you/your band on the internet, Spotify may not have enough data to determine artist relatedness.

Related Artists may take some time to appear for Artists new to Spotify.

Source: http://www.spotifyartists.com

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah, but I had another artist profile where immediately appeared
related artists ( who had no relationship with my music ) . If so, in
what way you choose those related artists ?.

Hey @miggy_m

Unfortunately, you cannot choose your related artist, they are picked by Spotify 🙂

"Related Artists are determined by cultural information (gathered from various sources) combined with internal Spotify data (user play data and other internal data points)"

So if I understand it correctly, the more people listen to your music/the more information Spotify has, the more accurate your related artists will be 🙂

Suggested posts