Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Spotify history

Remove Spotify history

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

Someone hacked into my Spotify account a few months back and listened to a load of music that I'm not into and it's pretty much destroyed my Spotify suggestions. Is there any way you can remove a period of my listening history? 

TIA!

11 Replies

Hey there! Unfortunately Spotify doesn't plan on adding this feature:

At this time we still don't have plans to let users reset their taste profile histories. You are welcome to create a new account with a new email address at any time (no need to contact customer support). However, this isn't recommended as you're truly starting from zero and it takes some time for us to learn your taste profile.

I hope this was helpful in answering your question 🙂

For more info, check out this post, this feature has actually been requested numerous times

Honestly bro same, go vote for the feature though, hopefully they'll add it!

Hi @Rosspc

Unfortunately users can't remove songs from history. 

However, if your account was hacked, you can contact Spotify via this contact form and they might be able to revert your account to a previous state. Just note that it's not guaranteed and it might not be possible to perform that. 

What do we need to do to make you add this feature? I’m about to organize a god damn national campaign.

There's no way to do this for your account, however you can start anew by deleting your current account and opening a new one for a clean listening history.

Hello @davepringus

Please take a look at this idea

If that's something you're interested in, make sure to add your +VOTE there. You can also subscribe to the idea topic, so you'll be notified with all the future updates regarding it. 

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here

You can also create a new account, as @idjolie suggested, and transfer all the content from Your Library that you want to keep, with these steps

I hope you'll find this helpful!

This needs to be available. The "workaround" to create a new profile under a new email address is such a garbage excuse. Fix the platform.

Yes. I have too.

Hey @vello1 and @_parasyte_,

Great to see your feedback in the Community.

If you feel like that, make sure to check this Idea out and vote for it. It's doing pretty well and the more support it gets the better 🙂

We're here if you need us for anything else as well.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I don’t think that there is a way to delete listening history, but you can delete all search history and if something you don’t like comes up you can block that song or artist from playing. Hope you figure it out!

Suggested posts