Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove account

Remove account

Hi i have my credit card in spotify and if i want to delete the account my credit card will be removed ?

7 Replies

Hi, you need to cancel your Premium subscription before deleting your account. 

If you're not sure how to do it, here's an article about it. 

And another one on how to delete an account. 

And if i forgot to cancel it i mean if i delete my account my credit card will be gone? 

If you deleted your account without canceling premium subscription, I'd recommend contacting Spotify to make sure you won't be charged. 

Here's contact form. You can also message them on Twitter @SpotifyCares or through Facebook. 

i canceled it but if i delete my account my credit card will be deleted?
sorry for bothering.

I'm not sure if your card will be disconnected from your account if you deleted it without canceling subscription. I've seen some posts here on community from people who were still being charged after that. I'm not sure if it was by mistake or that's just how it works.

That's why I recommended contacting Spotify directly, just to make sure your card is removed and you won't be charged. If it isn't, they will disconnect it for you. 

Hi again and sorry again for bothering but i just forgot to say i had 30 days trial for first time and now this day i wanted to remove my card but i cant see an option with change or cancel so i think my credit card is removed.

Hey all,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! 

Just so you know, whenever you're about to delete your account, it's advisable to first cancel your subscription, just like @Emilia_8 said 🙂 

You can check the status of your subscription and cancel it by going to your account page

Hope this sheds some light on the subject. Feel free to reach out whenever you feel you might need extra help with your Spotify!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts