Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove the charge...not my account!

Remove the charge...not my account!

Hello,
I started a free trial of Premium around March 8th. On April 8th, the day the trial was set to expire, I cancelled because I can't afford to  pay the 9.99/mo for this service. I got an email saying the Premium has been cancelled, however there is still a $9.99 charge on my debit account. I do not have Premium as of April 8th, so I shouldn't be paying $10 for a month of Premium that I don't have. I emailed your staff regarding this, but have gotten no response.
Also, the cancellation email says--
"We thought you’d like to know that you have successfully cancelled your Spotify subscription. It will become inactive on 2014-05-08 19:43 UTC."
Does this mean all of my playlists will be deleted as of May 8th? The Premium has already become inactive, but I don't want to inactivate my whole account--just change it back to a free subscription!

There is no phone number for you guys, so any help here would be appreciated. Thanks!

18 Replies

I think it will cancel just the premium subscription and your account should be just fine, that's what it sounds like at least.

Hi. If you started your trial on 8 March, renwal was due on 7 April so cancelling on 8 April was too late which explains why you were charged for a furthe month. If you don't want Premium after 7 May then cancelling now was the correct thing to do. You will stilll have Premium until that time.

Once Premium runs off, your account reverts to Free. Any downloaded music will no longer be available to you but all your playlists will still be there as well as followers etc.

If you need direct support, you can get in touch here.

Need a Spotify customer service person to reassure me that the charge can be removed, and I can keep my actual account.

Let me re-iterate here---I don't have Premium. It was removed/cancelled as of April 8th. I don't get to have Premium until May 7th. It's gone, and so is 9.99. So either put Premium back on my account, or remove the charge, please.

If you need direct support, you can get in touch here.

Jwylot, I have already contacted you guys using that form, with no response. I checked my spam folder, too.

I'm very disappointed in the customer service here. It is technically illegal to charge someone for a service they don't receive. Please respond.

I'm not one of "you guys", just trying to help. How long ago did you send off the contact form, have you not received any acknowledgement at all yet and is your correct email address shown here?

Thank you for responding. I sent the form 2-3 days ago, received no aknowledgement, and the email is correct.
Nothing personal--this is just very frustrating. I have worked in customer service for years and know what good service is, and Spotify has some of the worst I've dealt with, plus no contact number (which seems shady).

I understand. It seems strange that you didn't even receive an automated email reply. Could you try once more using the contact form. You should get an automated email within minutes containing an 8 digit case number. Post that here and I'll chase your case up.

Sent the contact form, if I get a response I'll post the number.

Thanks 🙂

No email yet 😕

What's your username on this page? I'll try to get one of the staff to take a look.

OK, I'll ask one of the staff to take a look. You are logging in with your facebook credentials (email address and not a username) aren't you?

Yes, that's how I've been logging into this site and Spotify itself.

Great thanks.

Suggested posts