Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove traces of old songs

Remove traces of old songs

This isn't exactly a major issue but it's annoying as heck.

My Spotify profile was made sometime in 2012 when I was 11, and has been used a lot ever since. My taste in music has obviosly changed in that time.
Bands I havent listenend to for years keep appearing around in suggestions and so on. Not often, but they do. Especially in the "Your Time Capsule", which is a great consept, but annoing when there's stuff in there I grew out of.

tl;dr

Is there any way to simply block some bands and songs from showing up unless specifically searched for?

kake
3 Replies

Hello friend, welcome to the community

you have 2 options 

1) delete all songs

1. press the ... in upper right corner to put it in edit mode en delete song by song. See picture
  2. delete the playlist itself. In your playlist menu in upper right corner press edit to delete an entire list.

2)you can block the songs and bands that you do not want to hear in your "time capsule" for example (or in any other playlist created for you) so the songs that appear will be the ones you've heard recently. I hope I have helped you, if it was not useful or if you need more information, you tell me, it would be great if you would like my comment. good luck

Thanks for your answer.

As you said, I got the option to "Like"/"Don't like" certain songs in "Release Radar" which blacked out (and I assume blocked) those songs which is great, but this option was not available in "Your Time Capsule".

The ... for the "Your Time Capsule" playlist itself only gives me the options to:

"Go to Playlist Radio

Report (blacked out)

Follow

Create Similar Playlist (blacked out)

Share"

While the ... on the specific songs gives me all the normal options, but "Remove from this Playlist" is blacked out.

Edit Mode does not work on this specific playlist either.

Which means, I've got no way of (1,1) deleting song by song, or (1,2) deleting the playlist itself. These options only works on playlists I've made myself.

Seems to me like there isn't any way of removing any songs, or even the playlist itself when it comes to this specific playlist? And it hasn't updated since 2017-09-28...

I'm not sure if there is a question in here anymore..

Anyway, thanks.

kake

Hey @Svenn.

Thanks for getting back to us.

You could consider creating a new account and taking only the playlists you still want to listen to. If you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

Since your new account will be filled from the beginning with songs you like, it won't take long for us to get to know you and start offering you content you will like 🙂

Should work. Let us know if you have further questions and we'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts