Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing Facebook Link

Removing Facebook Link

How can I remove the link to my Facebook? I want to deactivate my Facebook, but then it won't let me use Spotify when I do. Tried contacting the "support" from a link on another thread and, surprise, it looked like a phishing attempt with them asking everything needed to recover a paypal account.

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you created your account using Facebook, then there is no way to disconnect that account from Facebook. If you get in touch with customer services via the online contact form they will be able to assist you in moving over to a new account. 

If you would rather "do it yourself" there is a tutorial here

Also, do you have the link which you think might be phishing details? I can get that reported to the community staff for you if you post here. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'll give the "doing it myself" a shot. I had used the online contact form last night, then the email I got this morning was saying it was a simple process to detach my Facebook account from my Spotify account, they just needed my birthday, postal code, PayPal ID, and last 4 digits of my credit card number to "verify that I'm not a pirate". The whole email was worded weird on top of that, too. If that actually is from support and that is how you do it, that is sketchy enough for me to quit using Spotify all together (and go change all my account information on anything it touches).

I will see if I can get a staff member to look into this for you, they where probably looking for those details just to prove you where the account holder since they would be moving your subscription from one account to another. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That email was from us, don't worry. Those are standard questions we have to ask in order to confirm account ownership. We can't simply go around disconnecting users accounts I'm afraid.

But I'll ask the team to tone things down a bit in this case. I appreciate these kind of questions can be a bit alarming sometimes.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts