Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing Songs After Hacked

Removing Songs After Hacked

I was hacked in the last six months and the person using my account listened to exclusively french hip-hop/rap, and it's still affecting my discovery playlists and radio stations in general. I don't see anything about clearing my play history, and they even influenced my 2017 in review. 

Mere hours of their listening has put a huge damper on trying to find new artists, and I know it's a small thing to complain about, but as a premium subscriber, I'd like to have the ability to clear this strong influence.

This is double odd to me, seeing as an ex used to use my account for his hardcore gym workout sessions and his listening tastes didn't hit my account as strongly. He used it for months, and when he stopped, it only took maybe two days of skips before it stopped suggesting.

Hacker used my account for mere HOURS and I still have daily playlists of nothing but that genre. Is there some method I'm missing? Any assistance would be wonderful!

2 Replies

Hey @korynn,

Right now, the only ways to change your account's recommendations are:

1. Simply continue listening to the music that you like, and it should influence your recommendations sooner or later.
  2. If you don't want to wait, you can create a brand new Spotify account at https://spotify.com/signup.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello,

maybe this is helpful:

You can sort your library for adding date. Just click on "date added" on top of song list. So you can easier remove unwanted songs.

Click on the check box of the first song to delete, scroll to the last one and click this check box, while pressing the capital letters button. All songs between those should be checked and can be deleted by pressing "Del" on your keyboard.

If you want do delete all, press "Ctrl"+"A" on your keyboard and then press "Del".

I hope this is a good solution! 

Suggested posts