Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing credit card info - no trust left in this company

Removing credit card info - no trust left in this company

I signed up for a Family Premium 3 month trial in June 2020. In doing so, I had to provide my credit card info so that if I forgot to unsubscribe from FP Spotty could continue to suck $15 from my account til I caught my mistake.

Since then, Spotty for some yet to be truly explained reason (lots of mysterious vagueness given but no true reasons) decide to convert my FP trial to a free individual account. With zero notice. And it has taken me way more emails with support to get them to just re-instate Premium (not Family mind you) for 2 more months (yes, one additional Premium month given for my troubles).

The two free months were paid via some internal gift card mechanism they have so I'm still not out any cash. However, come October when those cards vanish I am certain that Spotty will automatically charge my credit card.

I want to delete my card info now to avoid this. I'm guessing that it won't be possible. But I do hold out some small bit of hope that it is.

2 Replies

if you would like to cancel your Spotify premium membership so you won't get charged anymore you can go to this link: http://www.spotify.com/account?_ga=2.118341129.1472740827.1606102532-1066842692.1605765620 then under your plan click change plan scroll to your subscription then click cancel premium.

KyleRRRising Star 1
This week we're celebrating Star Values! #Respect #Inclusion #Support #Teamwork #Fun #Responsibility
If you like my posts, please give them a like or show some support.
We're celebrating Star Values!
If you like my posts, please give them a like or show some support.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

You can have a look at this Support article for more info on how to Cancel and manage your Premium subscription.

If you think that you were inappropriately charged, check out our Refund policy.

Hope you find this info useful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts