Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing facebook?

Solved!

Removing facebook?

I originally made the account back when facebook was really the only way to use spotify. I was wondering if I could remove facebook entirely without having to start a new account and all the like. I honestly hate the program and the people that fund it. I don't really want to allow the company even a modicum of a moment into the things I listen to. 

Yes I understand this soudns petty and stupid, but if I ever lose my ability to log into my facebook account then I might lose all of the hard work and random artists I enjoy listening to but can never remember the names to when it really matters. Is there anything one of you out there can think of to try? I don't know if I'm too tired or not, but I honestly just cant find a way to contact the spotify team themselves. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @HappyMan, welcome to the community!

No worries, it can be done 🙂 You can make a new Spotify account and then get in touch with a member of the Spotify staff who can do their magic backstage and transfer your music to your new account. You can view the ways you can reach them here. Keep in mind, if you use the contact form, to reply to the automated response you'll receive, even if it's from a no-reply!

Support gets back within 24-48 hours.

Hope this helps,

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @HappyMan, welcome to the community!

No worries, it can be done 🙂 You can make a new Spotify account and then get in touch with a member of the Spotify staff who can do their magic backstage and transfer your music to your new account. You can view the ways you can reach them here. Keep in mind, if you use the contact form, to reply to the automated response you'll receive, even if it's from a no-reply!

Support gets back within 24-48 hours.

Hope this helps,

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Wait, they can and/or will actually do that for their users?! Wow I mean I know I loved my spotify but if what yer sayin' is true, not that I have a reason to doubt you really, then wow thank you so much for letting me know about the wizardry that can go on in the background with all of this!

So I tried to create a new account, but it tells me that email is already taken. That's because the email address associated with Spotify is the same one I have associated with Facebook. Of course it is. It's my primary email address.

So I changed the address I use for Facebook to another emaila ddress, but it's still tied to my Spotify account.

Suggested posts