Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reporting Harassment from User

Reporting Harassment from User

My Question or Issue

For the past two years, my ex-boyfriend has been harassing me on Spotify. We used to have a playlist that he created. After we separated, I continued to listen and follow the playlist. Because of this, he changed the name of the playlist to "F***ing Aids" and included my name in the description of the playlist. I stopped following the playlist, but a random account still follows this playlist and my account (note - my account and that playlist are the ONLY things this user follows on Spotify). Because this user won't unfollow the playlist, my ex-boyfriend changed the playlist name and description again, still including my name in the description. It has been 2 years since we separated but my ex-boyfriend and the random user still follow me. The playlist still includes my name in it too, so I consider this harassment. I contacted Spotify a year ago and nothing has changed, so I am reporting it again. If nothing continues to be done about this situation, I will be taking this to my attorney.  

1 Reply

Hey @haleyezuniga,

Thanks for reaching out.

You should be able to report the playlist via Spotify's desktop app by clicking on the three little dots and then on "Report":

After you've successfully reported the playlist, please reach out to the Support Team and let them know that you've done that and the reason for doing so. Don't forget to include a link to the playlist 🙂

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts