Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reset Password not working

Solved!

Reset Password not working

A long time ago i tryed to change my payment method but i could'nt when i cant remember my spotify password and my facebook password wont work when changing payment method

And the reset password form wont send me a password and i tried to write an email to the support crew but it takes 2 weeks between every answer and they dont understand either ...

My spotify Account name in Jakobmortensen

I would really like to pay for spotify but i cant when you wont let me and the support is soooooo.....ooooooo....oooooo bad ...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Im really sorry but what you're telling me is not true ...

I changed my password to facebook ... and i can log in to spotify on my laptop with facebook and with the new code but its still not working when i want to change payment method ...

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Hi Jakobmortensen- Welcome to the Community! Let's see if we can clear this up for you.

The reason you've not received a password reset email is because your account is linked to Facebook. Any password resets need to be done directly via the Facebook website.

Once you've confirmed your FB password, please be sure you've logged out of the Facebook site. Then give that upgrade another try via your subscription page

Marked as solution

Im really sorry but what you're telling me is not true ...

I changed my password to facebook ... and i can log in to spotify on my laptop with facebook and with the new code but its still not working when i want to change payment method ...

The first thing I recommend is double checking you've logged out of the Facebook site before trying the upgrade.

A few other users have also found that changing their Internet browser helps. If you're using Internet Explorer it's worth giving Firefox or Google Chrome a try.

I've logged out on my phone, My desktop and i've also logged out of the spotify program on my desktop ...

and still not working ...

so you couldn't help or how should i see it ?

Hi there-- I've done some investigating and I believe I've found the problem here. 

It seems you've made two accounts on our system. In order to confirm this and send you a password reset though we'll need to confirm a few details. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox. A message is on the way. 

So was the problem eventually solved? Can we hear how?

I am having the same problem, I have tried reseting my password 3 times already, when I do it logs me in on the webpage, but it still doesnt let me login on my local Spotify...this is really annoying, please help

Hi there - Have you tried entering your 'johnnyjoints' username into the link here: https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

It's worth also looking your Spam folder. Sometimes our messages can caught up in there rather than your inbox. 

I've got the same problem. I can login with my Facebook-account, but I'd like to use my Spotify-account more often. If I ask a password-reset from the webfield, nothing arrives in my mailbox. It doesn't matter if I use my username or my e-mailaddress, it just doesn't arrive. 

Can you please help me out with this one?

I've already reset my password, I recieve the email from spotify, reset my password, and it logs me in fine...thats not the problem, the problem is the next time I try to login on the website or when I try to login on my local account it doesnt recognize my new password.

johnyjoints - How is that working for you now? 

hansmetzke - Have you had a look in your Spam filter too? Sometimes our messages can get caught in there. 

When you enter your email address does it go through? If there's a typo in your email you'd receive the message: "The email address you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account."

Please help me and reset my account so i dont have facebook logged accont ! want to change my password but i cant ! thank You 

@Jakobmortensen wrote:

A long time ago i tryed to change my payment method but i could'nt when i cant remember my spotify password and my facebook password wont work when changing payment method

And the reset password form wont send me a password and i tried to write an email to the support crew but it takes 2 weeks between every answer and they dont understand either ...

My spotify Account name in Jakobmortensen

I would really like to pay for spotify but i cant when you wont let me and the support is soooooo.....ooooooo....oooooo bad ...

I have had Spotify Premium for close to 2 years now. I am trying to renew premium - but it wont let me because I dont know my password! ARGH! I click link of "forgot password" - and it says it will email me directions but it never does. Please renew my premium membership with the recently updated/added credit card ASAP. Thanks,

BM

I had to agree with you. I have tried to reset my password many times and it always fails.  And as for customer service, spotify believes you can help yourself....and if not, we should screw off.  

Nice company.  I am really looking forward to a viable competitor.  

I had to agree with you. I have tried to reset my password many times and it always fails.  And as for customer service, spotify believes we can help ourselves....and if not, we should screw off.  

Nice company.  I am really looking forward to a viable competitor.  

Hello Meredith, I have the same issue, tried to reset my password with my username and my email but it's not working. Any help is highly appreciated.

Suggested posts