Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reset password, account wiped or returned to earlier state

Reset password, account wiped or returned to earlier state

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Macbook Air and Macbook Pro

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I just set up my new work computer (Macbook Pro, using High Sierra), logged out of spotify on my old computer (Macbook Air, using Yosemite), downloaded spotify on the new computer and tried to log in. I could not remember my password so I reset it. When I logged into my account - same email address as before - with the new password, my entire account is gone except for one playlist. None of my saved artists or albums are there. On the old computer, I did not have a profile picture - when I logged back in, my Facebook profile picture was used. I checked Facebook and I had disabled the two from linking. I'm not sure if Spotify overwrote my account with Facebook or what. I have tried logging out everywhere and resetting my password again, logging back in to the old computer... no luck. I don't use it on a mobile device.

Help?

3 Replies

Hey @jamaffey3

Normally this happens when a duplicate account exists, one with a Spotify username / password and one with your Facebook details.

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with your music.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sadly, that does not work. I have signed in with my account name and same story - everything I had saved is gone. 

Thank you for trying to help though!

@jamaffey3

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts