Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Resetting my account.

Solved!

Resetting my account.

Could you please reset my devices. Thanks in advance.

72 Replies

thats great, just wanted to make sure it all was right on your side, thanks for the help, have a great day

Can you please delete my account too?

Someboody - This isn't really the correct thread for this. I can see you've emailed in, don't worry, someone will get back to you shortly.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi, Sam.  What is the best way to have an account reset.  I am not having problems with my devices but my son used my account and Thumbed Up/Down a bunch of songs so the stations appear to be tailored to him now.  I have learned an important lesson about sharing your devices with others but how can I get this reset so it will play my favorites but not his?  I understand it may be like starting over but please let me know what I need to do.  Thanks for the help!

There isn't a way to reset this information at the moment jasnic23. However, I'm sure that if you keep expressing your thumbs up/down then Spotify will readjust to your preferences over time.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Please reset my devices too (as long as my playlists remain intact!) - I am getting tired of losing offline music off my phone. I recognise that I will lose any offline synced music. Which is fine as I have lost it all anyways! Many thanks.

@sharsidd wrote:

Please reset my devices too (as long as my playlists remain intact!) - I am getting tired of losing offline music off my phone. I recognise that I will lose any offline synced music. Which is fine as I have lost it all anyways! Many thanks.

Sure thing--that's all done for you. I recommend doing a clean reinstall on your desktop and mobile before you sync those playlists again: www.spotify.com/help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify/

Hi Meredith, thanks for this, but unfortunately I still have the problem of disappearing playlists. The @SpotifyCares team is also helping me on this. I can continue talking to either you or them, if you can let me know who could help me...

Resetting devices followed by clean reinstall also hasn't solved my problem 😞 I am trying to sync music offline on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android) and don't need it on any other device at the moment.

Thanks

I lost all my music on my hardrive and now when I want to play tracks I used to own they are greyed out and it syas:"This track was added as a local file.  If you have the file on your computer you can import it."  Obviously I can't anymore.  Can you reset my lists or account so it shows I have no music on my hard drive?

@user-removed wrote:

I lost all my music on my hardrive and now when I want to play tracks I used to own they are greyed out and it syas:"This track was added as a local file.  If you have the file on your computer you can import it."  Obviously I can't anymore.  Can you reset my lists or account so it shows I have no music on my hard drive?

Try going into your Preferences (Win: Edit > Preferences | Mac: Spotify > Preferences) and unchecking the boxes under Local Files.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

THANKS RICHARD!!

Richard, could you please reset my account too? 🙂

@htretten wrote:

Richard, could you please reset my account too? 🙂

Done

Hi Mod, I would like to reset my Spotify account and I fully understand the consequences. Cheers.

Mallowbakes - Is there anything in particular you'd like us to reset?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Could you please reset my devices. I would like to reset my Top Lists and Radio Stations - Thanks in advance.

@ajhoenich wrote:

Could you please reset my devices. I would like to reset my Top Lists and Radio Stations - Thanks in advance.

I'm afraid this isn't the information that we can reset unfortunately. We just mean resetting the devices that are registered to your account (maximum of three) so you can start again from scratch.

Your Top Lists will update weekly.

Can you reset mine?

I won't lost my starred playlist right? I got over 500 tracks on there and I don't want to lose them all..

I noticed today on the music it recommends me there was genres I don't listen to. 

Then I went to my profile and my top artists  and top tracks are musicians I NEVER listen to.

Someone has been on my account and I don't know who.

Hi AlejandroGarcia - Did you want us to sign everyone out of your account? This 'resetting' thread is for those that want their offline devices cleared so they can start again. 

You won't lose your 500 starred tracks though. If we reset your devices you will however need to sync them again. 

Yes, I want to get signed out of every device I've logged myself in.

I thought this was the thread for it, sorry

Suggested posts