Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Response Time on Account Hack

Response Time on Account Hack

I replied to the email sent this morning informing me that my email address had been changed, and also filed a form stating that my account had been hacked. However, I have, after 5 hours, yet to have any response. How long does it take for community support to reply to hacked accounts?

I am dreadfully worried that my Spotify account will now be ruined and that all my downloaded music and playlists will have been replaced. As a Spotify Premium member I am also concerned as to what information will be available to whoever has commandeered my account.

I should note that the account hacked is obviously not this account (or email address), this is an alternative account I created in order to raise this question. Account details can be provided if useful.

Thanks.

3 Replies

Hey @Gh93!

If you reached out to Spotify here, you should get a response within 48h. In the meantime, I'd recommend you check out this Support article for the next steps to take. Also note sensitive info such as your payment details or address won't be accessible for anyone that has gained access to your account.

Hope this helps clear things up and let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for your response. I suppose I just have to hold out hope that it will be sooner rather than later between the 48hr period. 

Do you know if it is possible to roll-back accounts to the state they existed in when hacked so that I don't lose all my music/playlists?

Hello @Gh93!

Hopefully, Support is able to revert your account back to a previous state but I'm not 100% sure. Also note you can recover lost playlists here.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts