Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Resubscribed and cant login on device with old account

Solved!

Resubscribed and cant login on device with old account

I have recently resubscribed to Spotify Family Plan and could not login with the ID I used on my iphone. So I reset my password and it gave me some random string of numbers as my "ID". I successfully login on my laptop and sign up for Spotfy family plan. I then go to login on my iphone using my normal login ID and password and it shows i do not have "premium".

So for some reason the account i logged into on my laptop is different than the account i login on my iphone even though it is the same e-mail.  I want to use the account i have been using historically as it contains all my saved artists, etc. 

What am I Missing?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

OK I figured the problem. Evidently I created a spotify account a long time ago by logging in with Facebook and that account is linked to my historical playlists, artists, etc.

Supposedly once an account is created with "login with facebook" that i must "login with facebook" forever and always in order to access my spotify account. Is this accurate? I DONT USE FACEBOOK, so what the h3ll am I supposed to do? 

I guess the answer is create a new account without facebook. OK fine. I can do that. What about all my playlists and saved artists and friends that are linked to the other account?  

This is bu11sh1t.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Not 100% sure but looks like you created another account, that's why looks a different account.

No, i did not create a new account. I reset my password using the reset password tool. then used the ID it provided me in the reset password email. I logged in using the "ID" and new password and signed up for premium with Family. 

If you go here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/recover-your-account/ you can check that reset password don't work like this. They should send you a link and then reset your password directly (maybe I'm wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) The new "ID" I think is a new username (as spotify don't allow now to change usernames and they generate a random string).

@itstnt  ha escrito:

If you go here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/recover-your-account/ you can check that reset password don't work like this. They should send you a link and then reset your password directly (maybe I'm wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) The new "ID" I think is a new username (as spotify don't allow now to change usernames and they generate a random string).

Anyways I recommend you to contact Spotify Support using Twitter (@SpotifyCares).

Marked as solution

OK I figured the problem. Evidently I created a spotify account a long time ago by logging in with Facebook and that account is linked to my historical playlists, artists, etc.

Supposedly once an account is created with "login with facebook" that i must "login with facebook" forever and always in order to access my spotify account. Is this accurate? I DONT USE FACEBOOK, so what the h3ll am I supposed to do? 

I guess the answer is create a new account without facebook. OK fine. I can do that. What about all my playlists and saved artists and friends that are linked to the other account?  

This is bu11sh1t.

I dont use Twitter or Facebook F#$k social media. 

Suggested posts