Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reuse Username as Artist?

Solved!

Reuse Username as Artist?

Hello!

I am an individual artist who was trying to make an artist account, but accidentally just made a listeners one instead. I was going to delete this account so that I could still use the username I entered for it for my artist account, but I read a post that mentioned that even if an account is deleted, the username cannot be reused.

Did I just ruin my chance of using my artist name on spotify for nothing?

Thanks for the help,

Elisabeth

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ElisabethR,

Thanks for reaching out.

No need to worry, when signing up, you're only setting a display name, your username is generated automatically. So there could be 100 users named 'Test' with no issues 🙂

Also, you can't actually create an artist page by yourself. You'll first need to distribute your music to Spotify via a distributor. That will automatically create an artist page for you and that's where your music will be on.

For more info on this, check https://artists.spotify.com/faq/popular#how-do-i-get-my-music-on-spotify.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @ElisabethR,

Thanks for reaching out.

No need to worry, when signing up, you're only setting a display name, your username is generated automatically. So there could be 100 users named 'Test' with no issues 🙂

Also, you can't actually create an artist page by yourself. You'll first need to distribute your music to Spotify via a distributor. That will automatically create an artist page for you and that's where your music will be on.

For more info on this, check https://artists.spotify.com/faq/popular#how-do-i-get-my-music-on-spotify.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts