Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Right country, wrong playlists and music suggestions

Right country, wrong playlists and music suggestions

Hi all.
I live in Portugal (and am Portuguese) and that is the country that is on the Spotify settings, no questions there.

The problem is that I keep getting playlists and artist suggestions from Brazil!

I know both countries speak Portuguese, but we don't listen to the same artists 99.9% of the time.

I would even be satisfied if I was receiving suggestions from Spotify USA or UK, but definitely not Brazil.
Is there anything that can be done?
Thanks!

5 Replies

I moved from Hong Kong to Madrid. 

While in HK, I used to get great suggestions on my discovery / new release feeds. At some point, Spotify started suggesting me a load of music from Asia that I absolutely hate and don't want to know about its mere existence.

Since then, I have not been able to correct this and it's driving me bonkers. The worse thing is that I have no clue how to fix it and there's not much (or any) help from Spotify to fix this.

The only plausible solution is to cancel my subscription and start a new one again or to look for another music platform and ditch Spotify altogether (even that I loved it when it used to work).

Anyhow, sorry to hear about your situation and thanks for reading my rant : )

Hi! 

If you keep skipping those tracks and clicking the dislike button it will get better. I still get some Brazilian music sometsome, but it's rare nowadays.

Hope this helps! 

Hello there, thanks for the tip. Skipping songs hasn’t made a dent on this Asian torture Spotify has been imposing on me for months. Currently listening to a Korean romantic pop song that is giving me a headache and desperately looking for the dislike button on my phone app but can’t find it. Would you know how to get there? The thought of putting two caps at the back of my subscription is growing on me... Cheers 🙂

Have you tried sending an email to Spotify support?
😞

The dislike button is usually a thumbs down. But I guess it depends on the kind of playlist your listening to. Sometimes it is there and sometimes it isn't. Can't figure out why.

Send Spotify support an email.

Suggested posts