Roku Spotify app: Playlists not an option anymore (playlists gone)

Solved!

Roku Spotify app: Playlists not an option anymore (playlists gone)

Ashaloo1
Casual Listener

I have never had an issue with my Roku Spotify app before. I am running it on multiple Roku devices (a Roku 3 and Roku streaming sticks). As of today, I opened up the app on the Roku streaming stick and there was no playlist option - just "search" and "what's new". All of my playlists have gone. I am able to view them just fine from my phone app. I uninstalled the Roku app and reinstalled but still no playlist option. Help!!! I have tried the same on my Roku 3 and it still does not have an option to view playlists.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Roku Spotify app: Playlists not an option anymore (playlists gone)

jpb4

Same here on Roku 4. Premium customer ... for this? Return to the working version (as bad as it was), fire the current programming manager(s) and hire someone who actually knows how to test software before releasing it. Don't waste your time logging out / in or rebooting the Roku; nothing changes.
Edit Apr 1, 2017: I initially thought this had to be a programming error; no longer. I believe they actually removed the playlist feature in order to "fix" the problem of playlists showing up and / or endless loading.

Edit Apr 10, 2017: Confirmed "Due to various technical challenges, the Playlists feature has been removed from the Roku Spotify app."
If your reading these messages, take a minute to add your remarks and / or drop your Premium subscription - the only way to fight back.

View solution in original post

147 Replies

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hey @Ashaloo1, welcome to the Spotify Community!

This issue has been reported by other users and Spotify is currently looking into it! Please follow the topic here for updates: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playlists-not-showing-on-Roku/idi-p/1599998

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else :)

JacobRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ashaloo1
Casual Listener

Hi, Jacob_. Thank  you for the reply - but the post you linked to is three weeks old - there have been no further updates to this issue. I have been a loyal customer for seven years now! I have two children who adore Spotify and have made their own playlists and use it every day. It was super sad when my children opened it up today to listen to their songs and found them all gone. Can you please look into where this resolution is at currently? What exactly is the problem? Is it a licensing issue with Roku or a bug? Our primary device for listening to Spotify is Roku - so if this isn't solved we will likely cancel our subscription. Which would be super upsetting for me as well as my children who have invested tens of hours building their own playlists. Thank you for your attention.

-Robby

(loyal Spotify customer)

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

@Ashaloo1,

The last Spotify post on that topic was 11 days ago. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do from my end, but I can confirm that Spotify is actively communicating about or working on the issue. They will post in that board as soon as they have more to announce :)

JacobRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

jk76jk
Casual Listener

My Roku 3 Spotify App starting having problems about 6 months ago. It started with Playlists not updating. I would add songs on my PC or phone, and nothing would update on the Roku app. Contacted support and sent in all kinds of info regarding roku info, tv info, isp info etc... Never a fix.

About 3 months ago, my discover weekly list would never load, just the endless spinning wheel. Contacted support again, gave more info, still never a fix.

About 2 weeks ago, all my play lists were showing, but songs would never load from any list. Contacted support again, gave more info, still never a fix.

Yesterday the playlist option is gone. I'm expecting to login next week and the entire app will be gone.

I've been a spotify permium customer for about 3 years now, and I'm pretty fed up with their support.

Sheywood
Casual Listener
Me too so frustrating, same on now tv.

mdelio

Exact same problem(s) here. Not seeing the point of keeping a Premium account, frankly, if Spotify can't be bothered supporting its customers. 

Jakiya
Casual Listener
Having the same issues! If this issue persist I'm going to cancel my premium account.
Highlighted
Solution!

jpb4

Same here on Roku 4. Premium customer ... for this? Return to the working version (as bad as it was), fire the current programming manager(s) and hire someone who actually knows how to test software before releasing it. Don't waste your time logging out / in or rebooting the Roku; nothing changes.
Edit Apr 1, 2017: I initially thought this had to be a programming error; no longer. I believe they actually removed the playlist feature in order to "fix" the problem of playlists showing up and / or endless loading.

Edit Apr 10, 2017: Confirmed "Due to various technical challenges, the Playlists feature has been removed from the Roku Spotify app."
If your reading these messages, take a minute to add your remarks and / or drop your Premium subscription - the only way to fight back.

View solution in original post

Owlcoach

I am also having the same issue. I've attached a photo if it helps the support team. Suddenly unable to access playlists from App for Roku. On a Roku 3. I'd love to have this feature back if it was removed during an update. I access Spotify playlists a lot from my Roku.

image.jpg
SUGGESTED POSTS