Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Roku Spotify app: Playlists not an option anymore (playlists gone)

Solved!

Roku Spotify app: Playlists not an option anymore (playlists gone)

I have never had an issue with my Roku Spotify app before. I am running it on multiple Roku devices (a Roku 3 and Roku streaming sticks). As of today, I opened up the app on the Roku streaming stick and there was no playlist option - just "search" and "what's new". All of my playlists have gone. I am able to view them just fine from my phone app. I uninstalled the Roku app and reinstalled but still no playlist option. Help!!! I have tried the same on my Roku 3 and it still does not have an option to view playlists.

147 Replies

Hi! I have a new Roku Tv and its not working. I think they removed the feature altogether and my tv is stuck on my least favorite playlist... Definitely cancelling my subscription because this is not longer worth it. I saved my little allowance to pay for premium and this is what I get as a paying customer...

Hey @Mashid

An update from Spotify has been posted here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playlists-not-showing-on-Roku/idc-p/1626585/highligh...

"Due to various technical challenges, the Playlists feature has been removed from the Roku Spotify app.

We do understand your concerns and are working with Roku on how best to move forward with this app. In the meantime, you can search for and play artists, songs and albums, and your playlists are always available on your other devices with our desktop and mobile apps.

There are other ways to listen to Spotify on your TV too. Check out our guide at www.spotify.com/tv."

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm very frustrated with the fact that instead of trying to fix the technical issues with playlists on Roku TV... spotify just deleted the option. It was the main reason I got a premium subscrption to spotify. If it is not fixed within the next week or two I will be cancelling my subscription. This has been a persistent problem and has recieved many complaints, with very little response from support. Very annoying. 

Same problem and I'll be cancelling my account soon too.  Never seen such a useless excuse for customer support.  Repeated emails with them and got just useless responses.  One such response asked which Sporify version I had on my Roku 3.  As far as I can tell there is only version 1.0 so it appears that the people who respond are idiots.  I finally got a questionaire on what I thought of their customer support.  Too bad you could only check boxes and not give any text in my reply.  One of the questions was if their solution had failed to work. This was a really annoying question since Spotify had never suggested any fix.

Yupe! My screen looks like that as well. I spoke to one of the chat bots on their website this past Sunday and they currently revamping the playlist option but for now it is not available and won't be for a while. SMH

Ya'll Pandora is looking better and better to me. Plus pandora is half the price. 

Well, I couldn't wait for these guys to fix this issue. They don't seem to be in any hurry to satifsfy customer needs. So, I gave up on Roku and purchased Google Chromecast. It was not expensive and it works nicely with Spotify - controlling it right from my phone. 

It's pretty cool, actually. 

We shouldn't have to purchase different equipment to fix this issue. It's a Spotify problem, not a Roku problem. Every other app I use on my Roku works fine.

I agree with you - totally. But, I couldn't wait for a fix, and I prefer Spotify over Pandora.

I have a TCL tv with Roku. I really don't want to wait on spotify. Honestly if Tidal was an option on Roku I would've left a long time ago.

I listen to playlists on roku daily. Without this feature I will be looking for another music service? Really. Come on guys. I am a software engineer at a swedish company. This is not hard to fix. Is it so few of us using Spotify on roku? Really!

Yup, I just canceled my subscription. Literally the only reason I got premium. As little as I listen on my computer, I can deal with some ads. Maybe I'll come back if this ever gets resolved.

maybe it's time for a class action law suit.

Spotify acknowledged that there was an issue.  They did not say it was on their end or on Roku's end.  I am willing to bet, that given they are able to make it work on literally every other platform, that it is not a Spotify issue.

It's not uncommon for platforms to break integrations.  This could be just that.  

Chromecast works with the free version, too.

Spotify on Roku is essentially useless now. It keeps giving me an error when I search and no results load. And with the playlist functions gone, I'm trying to figure out how to play any music at all. Hope this is fixed soon or I'll be cancelling my subscription.

I'm going to give the Amazon service a try. I'm a Prime member anyway. If
Spotify doesn't have this fixed in 30 or 45 days I'll probably switch. I
think Amazon has a 30 day free trial..

This is such a dissapointment. My son uses this constantly to listen to his playlists without me having to worry about what song is coming next. It's not worth the cost if we can access this on Roku.

Ha- as of today, my search is now not working either. Jerks.

Hey @shnickyy

This problem is being investigated. You can follow updates here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Search-not-working-on-Roku-App/idi-p/1654234

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The roku app Spotify has been terrible for years. Having paid Spotify premium subscription fees for many years, as many here echo, I don't understand how you improve this NEGLECTED app to have basically a fraction of functionality the mobile devices' versions have.

Suggested posts