Roku Spotify app: Playlists not an option anymore (playlists gone)

Solved!

Re: Roku Spotify app: Playlists not an option anymore (playlists gone)

thefredlund5
Casual Listener

I am not sure why this is marked as the 'sollution' given that it is just another person bitching and moaning.  You offered nothing new to the conversation.  

Spotify has acknowledged that there is an issue.  Anyone with any common sense should be able to realize that if they are able to provide playlists on literally every other device, then it may not actually be Spotify's problem. Software companies are able to block features to API users.  It is likely that Roku is not allowing this feature to be available to them. 

But none the less, use whichever platform you want.  When Roku realizes that they can do this to Amazon Music as well, are you going to jump shipt to Tidal? 

robotclaw
Is there any chance Spotify is going to fix this? Pandora app is so superior.

Cherryy420
Casual Listener

This is what mine has looked like until today. Now the "Now Playing" feature is gone as well. Seems you can only look up and play songs one by one. 

webnesto

**bleep**.  I'm impressed that you didn't smash your computer in frustration

@JurisP wrote:

Ryanthecubfan
Casual Listener
The real solution is to give spotify the finger and vote with your dollars with their competitors. Based on my recent engagement with their support team, I don't see that they care at all about resolving this, ever. They've lost me as a customer, and that saddens me, because I really like their android app and their software dev model. Buh Bye Spotify. (Hey, that rhymes)

aoman49
This is UNACCEPTABLE. Spotify needs to fix this. Why do I have an account if I can't use it on Roku or Amazon Prime? Bulls***

Brandirene

This has been a problem for almost a year now!!

Trahan2101

I thought it was me.  I'm so happy to know others are having dame issue.  I dont understand why no response from Spotifly.

Yogaal
Casual Listener
I gave up with Spotify months ago now. Deezer is incomparably better.

JurisP
Regular
Loks good on PC, but I can't find a Deezer Channel with any of my ROKU
Canada devices.
SUGGESTED POSTS