Roku Spotify app: Playlists not an option anymore (playlists gone)

Solved!

Re: Roku Spotify app: Playlists not an option anymore (playlists gone)

rj_white

To say I am really pissed off is a gross understatement.   I have 4 Roku boxes and a big reason I went with Spotify was to use my playlists I created, through those boxes.  I'm not going to go buy 4 android boxes, or some other equivalent boxes, to work around this.  It looks like Spotify will be losing a lot of customers.  And after all the effort I went through to switch from Rdio to Spotify...

Bacon333

I am now having this exact same issue! I don't know what to do!

ntfredrickson

Me too. I'm about to cancel my Spotify Premium account.

ashahawkesworth

This is mostly how we use Spotify. Without playlists, I am unwilling to pay. Come on guys. I'd rather not cancel, but this isn't worth the  money.

Daedronic
Casual Listener
Yeah this is ridiculous. The spotify app on the Roku is terrible and has always been the one to give us the most trouble. We love our Roku in other respects so if Spotify can't resolve this, I'll be happy to drop my subscription.

NunoGuedes

And still no playlists and no official response...

What a waste of money.

Digitydave99
This is BAD! I've had Spotify for years. This might be the last straw.

SansPeur1
I just cancelled my subscription. Playlists on the ROKU app was the only thing that distinguished spotify from the others. It was the sole reason I subscribed. The APrime app sucks but at least I get free movies and 2 day shipping on AP items.

ManintheMiddle
Casual Listener

OK, at least it's not me.  I noticed a couple days ago that my playlists are gone via Roku.  Fortunately at home I have a Sonos system, and can run them through those speakers.  But you're right....what am I paying premium for?

JurisP
Regular

Today I subscribed to Spotify Premium.

I use Roku 3 and 2 sticks with excellent results with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu plus, Pandora Premium and about 10 other apps. But not the Spotify app. Spotify seems to work well on my iPhones and iPad and PC's. My serious music listening is at home with Roku and a well equipped sound system.

The Spotify Roku app is dated looking, amateurish and does very little. It is obvious that it has not been thought out. It is a completely counterintuitive interface, using little of Roku standard functions. Worst of all it works very poorly, is the only app that for no reason hesitates, buffers etc. Playlists are inaccessible etc. The search function is very clunky and tedious.

This may be a dealbreaker. Although Pandora does not have as much music available, at least it is fully accessible on Roku.

Please confirm that you have something that works properly coming soon, or you might lose another subscriber.

SUGGESTED POSTS