Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Russian Logins and 2 Factor Authentication

Russian Logins and 2 Factor Authentication

Last month, my spotify was compromised 3 different times, and I changed the password 3 separate times to try to secure my account.  Now today, within 8 hours, I had a russian login into my account, after changing both my password and email connected to the account.  Is there any way to add 2 Factor Authentication onto my spotify account to prevent this from happening, or should I just create a new account instead?

3 Replies

Hi there @goneham

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your account.

If the steps provided here aren't preventing the odd behavior you're experiencing from stopping, i do suggest you create a new account.

You can learn all about how to transfer your data safely on this Spotify answer.

This will provide you with a clean fresh start.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if there's anything else i can help you with 🙂

I have the same problem, China, Russia and Germany.

They are blasting music in my house during the night, I have changed my password multiple times.

There is more to this than Spotify are letting on, how can complex passwords be compromised on the same account almost instantly after being changed?

It feels like spotify themselves are pretty badly compromised and they dont realise it, or they do but wont admit it.

Google this, it is happening to a heap of users and getting worse lately.

Hey there @goneham and @Lfairbank,

Thanks for reaching out! 

In addition to the useful articleOneByBoo provided, feel free to take all precautions listed here.

As to 2FA, we advise you to add your vote to this idea to support it if you already haven't. 

Hope that helps!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts