Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SERIOUS HELP NEEDED - Account may have been hacked

SERIOUS HELP NEEDED - Account may have been hacked

Hi all,

I recently joined Spotify and upgraded my account to premium and everything was going fine until the other day when I was trying to access the app. Normally I use a combination of my phone and my PC for spotify however I noticed It suddenly started prompting me for a username / password.

When I tried to enter my credentials it just says 'ooops something has happened, try again later or seek assistance' or something to that effect. Anyway I thought it was a glitch so I tried to click on help, which takes me to the spotify website, which then asks me to log-in. Again, I try there and it again says 'oops something has happened'.

So i'm stuck in this nightmare loop where:

I can't log in to my account,

I can't change my password because when I click 'forgotten password' and put my username in, it says it does not recognise it as an active account.

I can't log in to the website to log a problem so I had to create this alternate (non-premium) account.

What is even stranger is when I tried to originally log into the app on my phone or PC it actually takes me into the application as if it's authenticated my username/pass but then it kicks me back out. I've tried under different browsers, networks, used my LAN, wireless, 4G everything to no avail.

is there someone in Spotify who can actually check my account to see if someone is using it?

What makes it even worse is when I tried to create this new account I'm using right now, I tried to put in my old username and it says it's already in use. If it's in use,why can't Spotify see it to reset the password?

It's most unsettling as I have paid for a premium account and in return I am getting all this hassle.

Grateful if someone could get back to me as soon as possible!

Regards

Andrew

0 Replies

Suggested posts