rolnor
Casual Listener

Hi,

Today, I got the following SMS appearing to come from 'Premium':

Nå er det siste sjanse
Få Spotify Premium i 6 måneder for kun 10 kroner
Kom i gang her - <URL removed>

Avmeld: send X til +4759444916

It's in Norwegian, and in short, it says, "Now it's the last chance -Get Spotify Premium for 6 months for only NOK 10 -Get started here - <the bit.ly link>
Unsubscribe: Send X to <not a typical Norwegian mobile number>

The link leads to an obvious fake page asking for the Spotify credentials.

Anyone else receiving it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: SMS scam?

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hey @Kolibri @rolnor @RN6

This message is NOT from Spotify or related partners.

This message is fake. Thanks for reporting it. This has been passed on to be looked into.

28 Replies

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hey @rolnor

Thanks for reporting this. I have forwarded this on to be looked into and I will let you know if it's real or fake. 

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hey @rolnor

The team I am reporting this to would like a screenshot of the text uploaded in a reply to this post if possible.

RN6

I also in Norway got this sms message yesterday

Attached  sms picture

IMG_3466.PNG

Kolibri
I've also received the same message. Has anyone followed the link?
Solution!

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hey @Kolibri @rolnor @RN6

This message is NOT from Spotify or related partners.

This message is fake. Thanks for reporting it. This has been passed on to be looked into.

rolnor
Casual Listener

I followed the link on an Android device to see what it looked like, knowing well that it was a fake thing.

First, the address in the address bar wasn't even remotely related to Spotify's domain. There was a 2-minute counter that started, urging me to answer a short "survey" asking generic things about your Spotify usage habits, and I got a 92% "score", allowing me to go further! Fantastic!

Typical. Create a sense of hurry, giving the victims little time to think about their actions. Not impressed.

At this point, there was a form asking for personal info like full name, address and phone number. At this point I stopped and closed the Web browser tabs.

Nice try, morons...

FromMajsLips

I just recieved the same SMS, 2 min ago. Exact same one! Maybe Spotify should annonce that there is a storm of FAKE Spotify Premium offers going around, on their website. So that all users get aware. Has anyone tried to Avmeld: Send X til +4759444915? Seeing that they are sending SMS's from this number: 7736486.. 

Im not sure I dare, seeing that loads of people have had their telephone stripped of details and costs have magically appeared on their invoices.. 

Their website is: http://www.premiumsecurity.co.za/index.php?nav=contact seems to be South African..

SlayerX
I also got this today 20min ago hope you can stop this
Screenshot_20170228-134136.png

toruaa

I have also get this SMS, today 28.2.17.  :(

SUGGESTED POSTS