Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SPOTIFY WON'T PLAY ANY SONGS AT ALL (BOTH WEB PLAYER AND DESKTOP APP)

Solved!

SPOTIFY WON'T PLAY ANY SONGS AT ALL (BOTH WEB PLAYER AND DESKTOP APP)

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

HP Notebook 17-x116dx 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Initially, when I was listening to my Daily Mixes on my desktop app, some songs were not playing at all and were blank. In the playlist, some of the song's names, album covers, and rows were blank. Consequently, I reinstalled Spotify and it fixed the problem promptly. However, when I reinstalled again, I could not play nor find any songs at all. My playlists, including Spotify playlists, are empty on my computer, and I simply cannot see or play any songs. Subsequently, I moved onto the Spotify web player but everytime I tried playing a song, no sound would play and a song wouldn't even load on the taskbar. However, on my phone, it works perfectly fine. Please help me!

1.png
2.png
3.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I contacted Spotify and the agent said that this problem is only affecting some Windows 10 users (my main pc had the problem, but not my laptop) with the newest version of Spotify. The agent gave me an older version of Spotify to download until they fix it.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yes, it fixed it to an extent. It can only play songs I've already saved, which is better than no songs... 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Been having this problem too! I've uninstalled and reinstalled both versions of Spotify several times and nothing seems to work. The web player is no help either, just the same problem. Whenever I go to an artist's page and play a song, it says it's playing, but the gray disk appears and nothing happens.

asdfasdfasdfasdf.JPG

Exactly what I'm also experiencing. I'm glad I am not alone in this stupid problem...

Marked as solution

I contacted Spotify and the agent said that this problem is only affecting some Windows 10 users (my main pc had the problem, but not my laptop) with the newest version of Spotify. The agent gave me an older version of Spotify to download until they fix it.

Did reverting back to a previous version fix the problem?

Marked as solution

Yes, it fixed it to an extent. It can only play songs I've already saved, which is better than no songs... 

Suggested posts