Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Same email, multiple accounts, different usernames and can be logged simultaneously

Solved!

Same email, multiple accounts, different usernames and can be logged simultaneously

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 6S+, desktop app

Operating System

iOS 10, windows 7

My Question or Issue

Earlier this week I was logged out on my desktop and when I tried logging back in it didn't recognize my email. I tried recovering it but couldn't and figured that my acct might have been deleted when I didn't pay my sub fee (hulu also logged me out.) I started making a new account using my email address, just today made it premium. I'm not sure what happened but now spotify is acting like I have two accounts. If I use the web app or my iphone using my email to log in (or the username that appears on the settings screen) then the new account with zero playlists is loaded. I can also do this on my desktop but only if I use the username to log in. If I use the email the desktop version loads the old account with my old username and all the songs I saved to my library. I can also be logged on to each account simultaneously, and the desktop/web app will not recognize the iphone under "other devices" unless both players have the same username. Both accounts appear to be premium, but every time I go to Settings it seems to load the new one, so I'm not sure.

I'd like to know how to get rid of the superflous account without canceling my premium membership, if it's possible, to avoid any billing mixups, double charges etc., and it's obviously preferable that I don't delete the older one with all my info. At the very least I'd like to just be able to log on to my old account on my iphone.

Thanks for your time

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @tw9r5l6w5gc101i, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue. I'd recommend contacting Spotify customer support as they can take a closer look.
You can contact support here.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @tw9r5l6w5gc101i, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue. I'd recommend contacting Spotify customer support as they can take a closer look.
You can contact support here.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

My issue got resolved by talking to customer support, but to anyone else wondering, the issue was that someone had stolen my other account by hacking into it and changing the email to his/her own. I'm still not sure why the desktop version was able to log on to that other account using my the same email. Perhaps it has something to do with how the desktop does caching. In anycase, I deactivated that account and have followed additional steps to secure this account as well as my email

Hey, again @tw9r5l6w5gc101i.

I'm so glad that Customer support was able to help you out further with this. If you need help with anything else, you can always start up a new thread and the community will be more than happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts