Samsung Smart tv app going away?

Solved!

Re: Samsung Smart tv app going away?

Samsung7series
Casual Listener

There is, and it's 5 years. So 1 year left. Norway's consumer protection laws are kinda tough...

Simsimera

I have paid almost $3000 for my samsung smart tv , mainly to enjoy all the apps.  I have used spotify on my smart tv often! Now it is gone! Okay then , it is time to cancel my subscription! 

parvanst

Spotify have proven to be a company that does not respect their customers. maybe they have a new genius manager who smoke a lot of mary jane and one morning woke up with the brilliant idea to **bleep** everything and then asked for promotion

VERY Disapointed

Re: Samsung Smart tv app, Roku, & Amazon Fire Stick apps are GONE!

eah16635
Music Fan

All of the apps for all devices are gone! WHAT THE **bleep** IS SPOTIFY DOING ? CAN ANYONE GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER ?

Re: Samsung Smart tv app, Roku, & Amazon Fire Stick apps are GONE!

eah16635
Music Fan

The Samsung TV app   the Roku app, and the Amazon Fire Stick app are gone.  Something is really wrong. this doesn't make any sense. Spotify would not be willing to loose so many premium  customers.   That is a lot of money.  Something is wrong. 

Pawprint

Unbelievable; after spending hours looking for solutions I discover this thread... 

So, has anybody found a app that will work with a older Samsung TV? Also, what are your favorite (services) choices to replace Spotify? 

Apple Music is growing fast; but also not supported on older (pre 2015... LOL) smart TVs. 

TIA: 

Long time Premium Family Spotify user

Steve57
Casual Listener
Xbox one

Samsung7series
Casual Listener

I took a little bit of the money I got back from the TV dealership after complaining about apps disappearing, and spent it on a Google Chromecast.

The Chromecast supports Spotify so I am yet again able to use my TV as a makeshift sound system in lieu of a good old stereo (although the Chromecast does need to be controlled by my smartphone i.e. a less flexible solution than having a native TV Spotify app).

fudjdh

YouTube, Netflix, HBO GO, Prime and others are still updating their apps on my 2014 Samsung TV, but Spotify not only isn't, but decided to take the app down all together. It's obviously not about the users' convinience, at least you could explain what it's about. I'm unfortunately canceling my subscription after 5 years. 

SUGGESTED POSTS