Saved artists disappeared from list.

Solved!

Saved artists disappeared from list.

Plan

Free

Operating System

Windows 10, in browser.

My Question or Issue

A few days ago I noticed that a significant amount of the artists I saved no longer appear in the list under the Artists tab. I do not recall ever doing anything that may have caused such a fluke, and when checked the disappeared artists are still marked as saved. Adding those artists to the library again does not help. What could be the reason for this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

And apparently opening the list in the desktop app gave the database a kick to fix its display functionality. Back to the browser I go.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If the songs are still saved within the 'songs' tab (when you click on the + button), I think it is some kind of caching error (technical error).

You can try:

- uninstall and reinstall spotify

Have you tried other devices or systems where spotify can be installed?

Best of luck!

I did not see it was in browser spotify, https://open.spotify.com/collection/artists will only show artists that are saved (click the save in library button at an artists account page) on the website. My saved songs library is totally different than the saved songs library in open.spotify.com . I think these platforms handle the saved music in a diffefrent way.

I hope I informed you well!

@mijn_spotify wrote:

... https://open.spotify.com/collection/artists will only show artists that are saved (click the save in library button at an artists account page) on the website...

That is precisely the way I have been saving artists since the very beginning, and as stated in my post I cannot re-save the ones that disappeared. I checked the desktop app and the list is intact. This is quite disappointing.

Marked as solution

And apparently opening the list in the desktop app gave the database a kick to fix its display functionality. Back to the browser I go.

I guess it was some caching error!

Nice that your problem is solved!

Suggested posts