Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Saw this question posted before but the solutions didn't help..

Solved!

Saw this question posted before but the solutions didn't help..

I was going through the Preferences tab and clicked 'disconnect from facebook" and all my playlist, subscribers, and what have you disappeared. I tried logging back in and it's to no avail. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong here? I also sent it to customer support forms but it has been a week and not sure what to do......

EDIT: I want to reconnect to FB and get all the playlists and friends suggestions back... I had it set so I don't spam fb feed with what I listened to but didn't know that it would completely create two separate entities. Thought only some things would be severed between the app and fb but guess I was wrong. Also there is NO social network tab anymore saying "reconnect" even though that's what the solution says...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

knnyshn - Have you tried logging in with your username 'kenny.shin' and your Spotify password? That should get you into the right account.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

@knnyshn wrote:

I was going through the Preferences tab and clicked 'disconnect from facebook" and all my playlist, subscribers, and what have you disappeared. I tried logging back in and it's to no avail. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong here? I also sent it to customer support forms but it has been a week and not sure what to do......

EDIT: I want to reconnect to FB and get all the playlists and friends suggestions back... I had it set so I don't spam fb feed with what I listened to but didn't know that it would completely create two separate entities. Thought only some things would be severed between the app and fb but guess I was wrong. Also there is NO social network tab anymore saying "reconnect" even though that's what the solution says...

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Is this the solution you are following

If so, you should have the "Connect to Facebook" button if you have followed the steps correctly. Have you definitely logged out and logged back in using your dedicated Spotify username (not your email address) and password you set when you registered for Spotify? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, and this didn't help me. I found my username which is 1277728441 but the password is not matching my facebook one. I only use 3-4 passwords. This is extremely frustrating, because I had to scour every tab to find that username number. When I tried recovering my password it gives me the runaround saying that I used my facebook to sign up, so apparently I can ONLY sign in using my fb email login?

@knnyshn wrote:

Yes, and this didn't help me. I found my username which is 1277728441 but the password is not matching my facebook one. I only use 3-4 passwords. This is extremely frustrating, because I had to scour every tab to find that username number. When I tried recovering my password it gives me the runaround saying that I used my facebook to sign up, so apparently I can ONLY sign in using my fb email login?

The numerical username will be the username of the new Facebook account which will have been created after you disconnected your Facebook from your Spotify account and then logged in using that Facebook account. 

Do you not have a Spotify username which you would have chosen when you registered? 

If you are still having issues, you can get in touch with the Spotify support team using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

knnyshn - Have you tried logging in with your username 'kenny.shin' and your Spotify password? That should get you into the right account.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm sort of confused as to what is going on right now. I registered using facebook primarily, I didn't choose a username or register before then? 1277728441 is my username and if what you said is true, these two account should exist with the same password yes? Well if that is the case then the password doesn't work, or I have to choose a username and wind up not choosing one which screwed everything up?

Edit: I'll try that Sam and see if it works. 

Edit #2: That worked! Thanks!!

Awesome. Pleased to hear it works. That 'kenny.shin' account was definitely created first, it just looks like another one was created by accident. It was that newer one that you were accessing.

Anyway, have a great weekend!
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts