Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Says you r offline please go online to connect

Says you r offline please go online to connect

I opened the app and I was logged out. When logging back in it says I am offline and I must go online in order to log in. But I can't go online because I am not logged in. But I can't log in because it says I am offline. This has happened a bunch before. I have read a post here that says I should it cancel, delete the password and re  enter it but it doesn't work.

8 Replies

Maybe you should log out and re-log in, if not, try to open in Spotify Web to see if the issue is still there

Hey @chionk, help's arrived!

Would you be able to try doing a clean reinstall of Spotify? Find out how over here: https://support.spotify.com/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/ 🙂 

Let me know how it goes

This is the only way for me to get spotify to work again. But i lose all my offline songs, and it only helps for a couple months before this issues happens again.

Thanks for letting me know @chionk,

Would you be able to let me know what you mean by ".. it only helps for a couple months before this issues happens again"? I'd really love to help you here, but I'm a bit confused!

Once this issue happens, the only way I can resolve it is by clearing all the spotify data, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I can then log in and download songs for offline use. But after a couple months this issue will happen again (It has happend to me ~5 times). The only way to resolve it is to uninstall. My major issues is I work in remotes areas where internet is not always available. So if this issue happens at work I do not have any music until I go home.

So my major issues is that this issue keeps happening. How do we make it stop?

Hey @chionk,

In order for us to determine if this is an account issue or device issue, does this happen with other mobile devices you might be using?

Yes, it only happens with my.mobile device.

Hey @chionk,

Please go to this page and remove all of your Offline devices. We're sorry that you'll have to redownload your playlists to Offline again.

If this happens again, we advise you to contact us via email through this page 🙂

Suggested posts