Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Scary email

Scary email

So today I receive this email and it kinda bothers me cause I feel that my account was compormised by someone. I always make sure that I only log on in my devices to prevent this kind of problem. If this is some sort of security enhancing from spotify please don't put words that will make us feel being hacked.

1221.PNG
3 Replies

Hey @mark1398, I'll be happy to help.

Thanks for the screenshot - I've checked the sender email address, and this is a legit email from Spotify. Spotify will send you an email when it detects unusual activity on your account and wants to keep your account safe.

In this case, there should be a button to click in that email that will let you create a new password. If you'd like more ways to protect your account - I'd recommend checking out this guide.

I hope this helps! I'll be right here if you need a hand with anything else 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

so is my account being compromised by someone or is just to make sure that my account is secure? im confused. Is there a recent breach? 

Hey @mark1398.

Thanks for the reply! 

I wouldn't say that, but Spotify usually protects people's accounts on their end, and when they notice any unusual activity on your account - they'll send you that email to reset your password just in case.

There has not been a security breach on Spotify, as Spotify protects user's accounts, and make sure that everything's safe and secure. If you'd like more info on protecting your account just in case, check out the link I provided in my last reply.

Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts