Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS12

My Question or Issue

Lately I've been having an issue with my playlists randomly going public when I play them on different devices. For instance, I will set the playlist to be secret on my desktop app and then when I play it on my mobile device it will be public - and vice versa. I have turned off 'Automatically Make New Playlists Public' and am unsure what else to do. I am constantly having to double check and re-set my playlists to be secret everytime I want to play them.

1 Reply

I had this same problem.

From what I noticed it's a visual glitch with old playlists that are public at first and you get some followers and then you switch the playlist to private. This is because the playlist is public on another users profile from when they followed but private on your personal profile.

NOTE: The REAL privacy setting is based on the what you have set on the Desktop player. The Mobile player will show the wrong/opposite setting. A way to double check your playlist, do a google search with your profile name and check to see if your playlist shows up in search results linking to your profile. If it shows up that means you will need to do the following below.

To get rid of the glitch:

What you will need to do is Create a New Private Playlist using the desktop player. Copy all the songs to the new private playlist.

Then go to the old playlist that's messed up and delete the name of the playlist, remove all the songs and delete the description and custom artwork (ie. if you set custom artwork). Then after you do all that, delete the playlist.

PS: Rule of thumb only create playlists in Desktop player first. That will solve all the privacy setting issues.

Suggested posts