Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Security breach in Spotify premium accounts

Security breach in Spotify premium accounts

Last tuesday, for the second time in 1 year i believe, someone hacked into my spotify premium account and changed the email adress. For the second time, Spotify suggested this was a problem of mine (security issues). 

I have many accounts in different apps and websites (like everyone else), but this is the ONLY account i have ever been hacked.  Someone had access to my pasword (which is totally unbreakable and diferent from the one i use in other accounts). I have to say i NEVER enter my Spotify password on ANY device that isnt my own, so in all the time i had a premium account, i only haved logged into my personal cellphone and my ipad (which never leaves my house). my question is, how is it possible to just change the email linked to my account without ANY validation on Spotify side? shouldnt you ask at least that the original email confirm this is a valid action? or ask the uzer that is chancging the registered email to send a bank statement? how can Spotify just decide this fraud occured because of security issues of my devices and not take any responsability? 

22 Replies

1. I experience exactly the same problem. tell me how it happened or who they were. I insisted on being given the IP address if they weren't willing or able to follow up and I'm still waiting for it. They sent an email to say this so-called report will take up to 30 days to reach me.... Very slack and not customer orientated

"I understand your concern. Safety and security is Spotify’s number #1 priority, and I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for you."

Your NUMBER ONE PRIORITY is safety and security?!! What a JOKE. You don't even have two-factor authentication AND you left all users data UNENCRYPTED to be stolen by HACKERS.

Safety and Security seem to be the very LEAST of your concerns! PERIOD!

Totally agree.my account was hacked Spotify could do nothing about it or
even tell me who did it and take a month to give me unintelligible data
concerning the hacker.

Suggested posts