Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Seems like someone else is using my account

Solved!

Seems like someone else is using my account

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Android Pixel 3, Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System

iOS 10, Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

About two weeks ago I looked in my songs and there were about 5 songs in there that I did not download at all, and have never listened to before nor are they the genre of music I listen to.

I brushed it off and deleted them. This morning, I was trying to listen to music in my car when it got cut off by a Samsung 9 device listening to a foreign rap song, and I don't know who it belongs to. I looked in my favorites songs list and ALL of the songs I downloaded the past week has been deleted.

I can't think of anyone who would have my account login, especially not someone using a Samsung 9 device. This is a terrible software issue and I want to have my history of songs back.

P.S. This topic submit form keeps erroring on my phone and I had to copy and paste my message and send it via desktop instead. There is a frustrating issue with Spotify's web on Android Chrome, the form would keep sending me a red warning to fix form errors but it wouldn't tell me what errors on the form there are.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think my account got hacked.

I changed my password again and logged out of everywhere. I don't know this device and I don't know how they hacked into my account. How do I get all my music back? It's been replaced by Katy Perry. Help, this sucks.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

@Rene01 wrote:

Hi,

Check this

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Has-someone-taken-over-my-account/ta-p/1215270

Regards,

René

I thought so too but I already changed my password and chose the log out of all devices option. However it's still occuring so I suspect it's an issue with Spotify internally.

It's getting worse and right now I don't even recognize the songs in my favorites nor can I play music unless I am in offline mode. And even then I can only play these songs by German artists and apparently Doja Cat the other user has downloaded. Who are these people? I don't even speak German.

Screenshot_20190817-123035.png
Screenshot_20190817-123032.png

Hi,

Is your facebook account connected? If so change that password too or disconnect from facebook.

Regards,

René

It's not linked to anything but my email account.

Marked as solution

I think my account got hacked.

I changed my password again and logged out of everywhere. I don't know this device and I don't know how they hacked into my account. How do I get all my music back? It's been replaced by Katy Perry. Help, this sucks.

Hi,

For some reason this problem is marked as solved but it isn't, right?

Do you tried all these steps:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun...

If this doesn't help, the next step is to contact spotify.

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Select account issues and you will be directed to spotify chat.

Regards,

René

Oh yeah, I contacted Spotify support and it's solved now. I got hacked and the support team helped me get my music back. Thanks for your help.

Suggested posts