Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Separate accounts merged -very strange

Solved!

Separate accounts merged -very strange

I have just logged in to my Spotify account only to find that the account username is different but I still have the same picture. I have got their playlists and all of their data but I am still logged into my facebook with my friends. Is there any way to change this so we can both have our separate accounts? 

P.S. I know the person but we haven't merged our accounts or anything

Help please?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It does sound like your accounts might have been merged if the usernames are different. Did you create your account using Facebook? 

If the above doesn't work and you are seeing your friends Spotify username if you log into your online overview then you need to go to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook in the desktop client which will break the tie. 

However in doing that, you will probably be logged out and when you try and log in again you might get a seemingly blank account. If that happens, you will need to get in touch with support here and they can help you get everything recovered. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You are logged in with your friend's facebook credentials by the sound of it. Log out and log back in entering your facebook email address and password to get back to your account. Your friend needs to do the same when they want to use their account on the same computer.

The photo you see is stored in the spotify cache and can take a day ot two to change but other folk will see the correct profile picture so that's not something to worry about.

Marked as solution

It does sound like your accounts might have been merged if the usernames are different. Did you create your account using Facebook? 

If the above doesn't work and you are seeing your friends Spotify username if you log into your online overview then you need to go to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook in the desktop client which will break the tie. 

However in doing that, you will probably be logged out and when you try and log in again you might get a seemingly blank account. If that happens, you will need to get in touch with support here and they can help you get everything recovered. 

Peter

Peter

I have followed through with this and yes, I have a blank account. Which 3 options do I have to click to recover all my data ?

Thank you.

Kim

Get in touch using the support form linked above, and choose:

Account and Login > I've Lost my Playlists > All my playlists have disappeared > Your operating system > Enter a brief description of your issue, and include a link to this topic 😉 

Once you submit, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts