Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Seperate artists with same name

Solved!

Seperate artists with same name

I had my music uploaded to Spotify recently but have since discovered there are two other artists with the same name as me (Street Rat) and we're all listed under a single artist page.

Although I appear to have found a solution in this discussion - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Separate-Artist-with-Same-Name/idi-p/69379 , when I try to follow the link provided I am denied access.

My user account is not yet linked to my artist page either (because if I did, I'd gain control of the artist's stuff... Also, apparently you need to have 250 followers first)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Streetratmusic, welcome to the Community!

Sorry about that. Spotify try there hardest to get music to the correct artists, but sometimes it can mess up. You can now report incorrect metadata info here 🙂

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Streetratmusic, welcome to the Community!

Sorry about that. Spotify try there hardest to get music to the correct artists, but sometimes it can mess up. You can now report incorrect metadata info here 🙂

Hope this helps

Hi! I'm having the same issue and I reported it days ago and haven't seen any changes. How long does it usually take for the metadata changes to be made?

I have the same problem, but the other artist doesn't hav a profile, he is listed as a participant in some other album and, therefrore, Spotify thinks i'm that guy! So, in my profile, it says "he also appears on" and links my music to him. 
I am not an Australian Jazz musician from the 50's!

How do I separate my name from his?? As much as I'd love to be related to Duke Ellington, I'm not! My music is similar to other things! haha!

Thanks

Your link doesn't work for me. When I enter the album link, this text shows up: "Invalid input, please paste one or more album links separated by commas." It shows even when I only enter one link, so the comma is not the problem. On the bottom it says "One or more invalid album links."

Skärmavbild 2018-01-22 kl. 00.20.36.jpg

hey Plain, try to remove ?si=... and keep just the album url, everything before the ?

I have a couple tracks from compilation albums, by another artist with the same name, that are showing up in my 'popular' tracks. Should I report the entire albums? The form won't let me link individual songs. Been trying to resolve this for almost 2 years with no results.

I emailed Spotify on artistsupport@spotify.com and my problem was fixed within a few days. Try it out! 

Suggested posts