Premium

Country
United States

Device

PC/LG V30

Operating System

Windows 10/Firefox/Android 9

My Question or Issue

My session was terminated as of around 3:30p EST today 3/31 on my desktop, and when I attempted to log back in I was told my username and password were incorrect. I attempted to log in on the Web app (and cleared cache to see if something was improperly loaded) and on my phone, and receive the same error.

I attempted to Password Reset, but apparently no longer have access to my email used to set up the account. I also don't have the ability to submit the Contact Form to have that email updated. What can I do to update the email or the password for my account that I do not have access to?

Thanks much!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @lawjarod,

If you don't have access to the email address registered with your account, you should reach out to support by following the steps under I no longer have access to the email address on my account here. This way, a member of our support teams will be able to take a look behind the scenes and help you update the email address registered with your Spotify account.

Just bear in mind that right now they're experiencing significant delays, due to the current situation. To speed things up you should reply to any emails you receive, even if they are from no-reply.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @lawjarod

Have you, by any chance, used Facebook to sign into Spotify?

If not, I'll escalate your message to see if the team can look up what is causing the issue with your email.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey -

Appreciate the response! I haven't used Facebook to sign into Spotify, no.

Marked as solution

Hey @lawjarod,

If you don't have access to the email address registered with your account, you should reach out to support by following the steps under I no longer have access to the email address on my account here. This way, a member of our support teams will be able to take a look behind the scenes and help you update the email address registered with your Spotify account.

Just bear in mind that right now they're experiencing significant delays, due to the current situation. To speed things up you should reply to any emails you receive, even if they are from no-reply.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator

EDIT: Nevermind. I totally missed the rather large "I still need more help" button at the bottom. Thank you Maurice and Xenia for the help!

Thanks much! I attempted to do that first, but am unable to submit the Contact Form:

This picture is all that I receive, and am unable to actually get to a point where I may reach out to support or even a no-reply email. Is there another way I could submit that form?

Is this issue even solved? This happened to me today and I have been a premium user for years! All of my playlists consisting years worth of music hunting GONE! 

UPDATE:

I cannot post a new topic. The website bugged out on me, and the page keeps on loading endlessly. I'm devastated. Someone pls help.

Hey @curiousgrounds,

Thanks for posting here.

In this case we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. The folks there can check your account and give you more information about it.

If you again experience an issue when you try posting here on the Community, could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing? We'll look into this further.

@lawjarod In case you're still experiencing this issue, let us know. We'll investigate this further.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have the same issue, and now the link provided by Xenie above is not working, and I couldn't contact the customer service expert. My previous school email was terminated since I graduated, but my spotify account is assocaited with that school email, also I still have my premium subscribtion in that account and bunch of liked songs... please help! thank you so much! 

I registered a new account in order to post this issue...

Hey @xinxin_facebook,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If you don't have access to the email of your Spotify account, here is a guide what to do (My email is no longer active. How can I reset my password?).

Let us know if that helped.

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts