Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Setting up a new account

Setting up a new account

Hello

I have an account already as a non-premium member

however;

My daughter has added me to her family package hence I now gain a premium account

Question:

How do I log into the new account and more importantly how do I retain my current playlists i.e. move them over to the new account?

2 Replies

Hey, @DAVEYPRES245 -

You can contact Spotify Support through this contact form so we can help you migrate your old account data to the new one.

After contacting Spotify, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and the support team will be able to help you out. 

Thank you 🙂

Hi, your daughter should be able to add the account you already have to the family package.

To join an existing Premium for Family plan, you need to reside at the same physical address as the plan’s owner (the person who subscribed to the plan). 

All members have their own personal Premium account (so you don’t need to worry about asking the plan’s owner for their username and password). 

If you don't have an account yet, you’re given the option to create one as you join. If you do, and already have Premium, future payments switch to the plan owner (and any Premium time remaining from previous payments will resume when you leave the family plan). 

Note: If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium through a third party, e.g. your mobile provider, you need to cancel your subscription with them to join Premium for Family.

1. Have the owner invite you to their plan.
  2. You'll receive an email with a link to join. Open and click ACCEPT INVITATION. You're redirected to your account page, where you'll see a confirmation screen.
    Note: If you're not already logged in or don't have an account yet, you'll be asked to log in or sign up before seeing the confirmation.
  3. Enter your details and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan.

Click here to read more.

Suggested posts