Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Setting up existing Spotify account on new computer but forgotten Spotify password

Solved!

Setting up existing Spotify account on new computer but forgotten Spotify password

I am setting up Spotify on a new computer.  I logged in using my Facebook account details and was then presented with a different screen to enter my Spotify account details.  After trying to remember what the password is I clicked the Forgot Your Password? link which took me to a page where I entered my e-mail address, it accepted this but told me my account is linked to my Facebook account so I can change my Facebook password on their website.  It's my Spotify password I need so how do I get to change this?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you're Spotify account is connected to your Facebook account you should be able to login to Spotify using your Facebook credentials, that is your email address and facebook password.

If you have a specific Spotify username (ie your account existed prior to the Facebook integration), you can change your Spotify password on the Spotify website. Sign in on the website, then click on your username in the top right, and then go to "Edit Profile", on that page there's a section titled: "Change your password".

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

If you're Spotify account is connected to your Facebook account you should be able to login to Spotify using your Facebook credentials, that is your email address and facebook password.

If you have a specific Spotify username (ie your account existed prior to the Facebook integration), you can change your Spotify password on the Spotify website. Sign in on the website, then click on your username in the top right, and then go to "Edit Profile", on that page there's a section titled: "Change your password".

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

Suggested posts