Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Setup second account for Sonos integration - can't use previous account any more

Solved!

Setup second account for Sonos integration - can't use previous account any more

Hi all,

I recently set up a second Premium account so that the household at home could use Spotify on the Sonos while I (and the other household members) have our own personal accounts to use whilst at work, travelling and so on.

When I now log on from any Android, iOS or Linux device I get the wrong (second) account rather than my previous personal account (if you get me).  I used a new household gmail address to set up the account but it does not matter whether I log in using my personal email address or the household one - I always get the household account.

I have logged out and in on all devices but no difference.

Can someone tell me how I can sort this out?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Are those accounts created via Facebook or using email addresses? If you created them using your email address, you need to login using your unique Spotify username not your email address.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hello!

I suggest you contact Spotify support. If you get automatic reply just reply back to speed things up. https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here
Marked as solution

Are those accounts created via Facebook or using email addresses? If you created them using your email address, you need to login using your unique Spotify username not your email address.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That did it.

Using my user name and not Facebook or email address gets me to the right account.

Many thanks for your help.

Suggested posts