Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Severe Paranoid Anxiety: Block Followers/Private Account Feature?

Severe Paranoid Anxiety: Block Followers/Private Account Feature?

Hi, 

I have severe paranoid anxiety, to the point of it being crippling. I listen to music on spotify to calm down and reset, but people have followed not just my playlists but my account as well. It's the same username that I use elsewhere and the concept of people seeing it is very triggering. Is there a way to change my username or go private or block followers? Please? I don't have the money, time, or energy, to move elsewhere. Please? Thank you.

3 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community.

The only way to change your username is by creating another account but you can hide your Spotify Activity.

People will still be able to follow you, but they won't get any information about your current activity. You can also make your playlists private. You can find more information about your Privacy Settings here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need help with anything else 🙂

Is that really the only way? I’m relying on a student account right now. Why isn’t there a way to remove followers?

Hey there @cherrybones3,
I understand, this is the only options that Spotify has in place at the moment. The information that @Brunelicia has provided is the most accurate. Rest assured, that Spotify is always looking to improve the platform and I'll feed this back that this is a feature you'd like to see in the future.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to drop a reply!

With Best Wishes,
/ES

Suggested posts