Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Severing the link tp the facebook account?

Solved!

Severing the link tp the facebook account?

Is it possible to sever the link between my spotify account and my facebook one? I'd like to keep my account private, and the private mode dopesn't just cut it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If your Spotify account is connected to Facebook,

Go into the Spotify desktop app preferences and look for a button that says "Disconnect" under the "Social Network" section:

Screen Shot 2012-04-20 at 10.33.42 AM.png

If you made your Spotify account using Facebook,

support might be able to help you move all your music to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you with this:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

If your Spotify account is connected to Facebook,

Go into the Spotify desktop app preferences and look for a button that says "Disconnect" under the "Social Network" section:

Screen Shot 2012-04-20 at 10.33.42 AM.png

If you made your Spotify account using Facebook,

support might be able to help you move all your music to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you with this:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I am not connected to FB according to that, I was before tho. The account was created prior to the spotify partnership with facebook if that's relevant. Also deleted my spotify app on FB. My real name still is up in the right corner, and google still connects my spotify profile with my rl name on the search results somehow. On my profile page, however, the spotify usename shows. Which really is quite weird considering that the rl name is in the corner. This have been a while as well, so waiting will probably not do anything.

It can take up to 48 hours for the Spotify app to reflect the changes if you just recently disconnected from Facebook.

You can also try signing out and then back into the app. That might make your name in the upper right go away.

The profile page you see in Google can take up to a week or two to update and remove the name.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts